Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have back acne, what can I do to get rid of it? Watch

It's gross and on the top half of my back. I shower every other day and am currently on medication to try and get rid of it but its still there. Im also scared about the scarring it will leave.
    Can anyone give me advice please. I hate worrying about it and stressing about what im going to wear to make sure nobody can see it.

See your GP and get referred to a dermatologist if it is bad. I had the same problem for years and was on antibiotics for years which did nothing but I eventually got put on Accutane. It cleared up my skin in less than a year. It can have different side effects but knowing the psychological effect the acne was having on me, I would say it is definitely worth it! I know it's hard and you can feel embarrassed about it (even though we cant help it), but remember it won't be forever! Keep you head held high xxx
    SInce then my confidence and self esteem has grown so much that I can't imagine living how I did a few years ago. Best of luck xxx

Also there was some pigmentation scarring (it was still red) to begin with where the acne had been. But I personally have found that getting a tan in the summer and time has made it fade. It took about a year after I finished my course of Accutane for the pigmentation to fade xxx

Thank you that's extremely reassuring, im also on antibiotics. My gp wants me to try them for three months before i try anything else. Im in a mindset that its gonna be there forever and its so stressful.
    Mine go dark rather than red im really hoping they will fade after time.
    I will look up Accutane and ask my gp about it after my course of antibiotics. Thank you xxxxxx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.