Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Need some advice - told to take a year off my course because of my anxiety. watch

    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    I'm wondering if anyone can help me out here, or point me in the right direction on where I can get help and talk to someone about this.

    I have GAD and social anxiety which is stopping me from attending my illustration course at uni. My tutors told me they're concerned because of my lack of attendance and that they don't think I'm happy or enjoying the course. They also said I'm failing, so they suggested I should take a year out or drop out, otherwise they'll kick me off the course if I continue this way.My tutors said I should talk to a counsellor about it, but I really don't know who to turn too. I'm too scared to talk to my mum about it and I don't think she'll believe me. I've tried to email someone at Samaritans but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

    Thanks in advance.

    Your university should have a counselling service. Have you been to your GP? They may be able to help.

    Good luck, OP.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.