The Student Room Group

King Edwards Camp Hill

Hello everyone,

This is for people who have got into King Edwards Camp Hill Sixth Form for Boys or are in year 11 and looking into it.
I have applied there and have had my informal discussion with the headteacher. He said I am one of the strongest candidates so far and he will 'almost certainly' give me an offer.
So now I'm just wondering about others who have gotten into here and what grades they got for GCSEs.
I'm currently predicted mostly As and A*s and want to study Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science.
So far my mocks have been on target and I've sent those off and I'm now waiting until the offers come out.
I've applied to other grammar schools as well but I really want to get into Camp Hill.
The only one I'm mainly worried about is English Language because I struggle with that, even though my English is good.
I've read that the entry requirements are a minimum of a C in English Language, so if I can pass that then hopefully I'm on track.

So my question is, how did you get into there if you did and what grades did you get in your GCSEs, because I want to ease off my worries a little bit.

Thank you
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Guy123
Hello everyone,

This is for people who have got into King Edwards Camp Hill Sixth Form for Boys or are in year 11 and looking into it.
I have applied there and have had my informal discussion with the headteacher. He said I am one of the strongest candidates so far and he will 'almost certainly' give me an offer.
So now I'm just wondering about others who have gotten into here and what grades they got for GCSEs.
I'm currently predicted mostly As and A*s and want to study Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science.
So far my mocks have been on target and I've sent those off and I'm now waiting until the offers come out.
I've applied to other grammar schools as well but I really want to get into Camp Hill.
The only one I'm mainly worried about is English Language because I struggle with that, even though my English is good.
I've read that the entry requirements are a minimum of a C in English Language, so if I can pass that then hopefully I'm on track.

So my question is, how did you get into there if you did and what grades did you get in your GCSEs, because I want to ease off my worries a little bit.

Thank you

I know two people from my school who got into the sixth form. One girl got 9 A*'s 2A's and the boy got 10 A*'s. Its tough but a good school !
Reply 2
Original post by SubwayLover1
I know two people from my school who got into the sixth form. One girl got 9 A*'s 2A's and the boy got 10 A*'s. Its tough but a good school !

Whoa that's a lot :eek:
Do you think it's mostly about grades or can the strength of the application make a difference as well?
One thing I noticed when I went there was that they seemed more balanced, in that other schools seemed to care purely about the number of A*s you get, whereas Camp Hill seem a little bit more promising in that respect.
Original post by Guy123
Whoa that's a lot :eek:
Do you think it's mostly about grades or can the strength of the application make a difference as well?
One thing I noticed when I went there was that they seemed more balanced, in that other schools seemed to care purely about the number of A*s you get, whereas Camp Hill seem a little bit more promising in that respect.

When applying to Sixth Form, the grades are definately the most important part. However, they are interested in extra-curricular stuff too! So If you do anything interesting outside of school-they will be interested to read about it ! But I would probably say its 80% grades and 20% rest of application.
Reply 4
When applying to Sixth Form, the grades are definately the most important part. However, they are interested in extra-curricular stuff too! So If you do anything interesting outside of school-they will be interested to read about it ! But I would probably say its 80% grades and 20% rest of application.

Oh ok, that percentage part is actually quite helpful, because I already do a lot of extra stuff in and out of school and that's why the headteacher said I'm a stronger candidate. I'm aiming for at least a minimum of 5 A*s because I already achieved an A in English Literature and an A* in Biology last year and hopefully I can get some more A*s in the other sciences, maths and a couple other subjects like geography and ICT.
Let's just hope that's enough to get in, but thank you for the info anyway :biggrin:
Original post by Guy123
Oh ok, that percentage part is actually quite helpful, because I already do a lot of extra stuff in and out of school and that's why the headteacher said I'm a stronger candidate. I'm aiming for at least a minimum of 5 A*s because I already achieved an A in English Literature and an A* in Biology last year and hopefully I can get some more A*s in the other sciences, maths and a couple other subjects like geography and ICT.
Let's just hope that's enough to get in, but thank you for the info anyway :biggrin:

I hope it goes well :biggrin: !
Reply 6
I hope it goes well :biggrin: !

Reply 7
Did anyone hear from camphill?

Quick Reply

Latest