Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does good skin really make that much difference? watch

ReputationRep:
    Does good skin really make that much difference to your attractiveness?
    I have acne but still get a lot of female attention, i always wonder what i would look like without acne.
    Anyone got any pictures to show difference between the 2?

ReputationRep:
    Once someone I was speaking to just stopped me mid sentence and was like

MAN

you have, like, really good skin

this is not the first time it's happened, I think it's hilarious if not creepy(?) I mean... it's skin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zenarthra)
    I have acne but still get a lot of female attention, i always wonder what i would look like without acne.
    It makes a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milzime)

MAN

this is not the first time it's happened, I think it's hilarious if not creepy(?) I mean... it's skin
    I use to have perfect skin was i was a teenager. Just waiting for my acne to go.
    Have had a lot of girls say, acne or no acne you are still attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milzime)
    MAN

haha ik, fgs its only skin.

acne doesnt make a guy unnactractive tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribenas)
    It makes a difference.

The spots kind of draw more attention.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I was at my most sexually active when my skin was at its worst. Likely due to the fact that I went out on the pull every weekend in that period of time, but goes to show that it's not a major hinderance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    haha ik, fgs its only skin.

acne doesnt make a guy unnactractive tbh
    Well, no one has ever looked better with acne i guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I was at my most sexually active when my skin was at its worst. Likely due to the fact that I went out on the pull every weekend in that period of time, but goes to show that it's not a major hinderance
    tbh, i think its just hormones. Ive tried everything and nothing seems to work.
    But fk going to the doctors to get prescriptions.

ReputationRep:
    Well, no one has ever looked better with acne i guess.
    yh but it doesnt make them look less attractive
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    tbh, i think its just hormones. Ive tried everything and nothing seems to work.
    Accutane works wonders but unfortunately the NHS dosing protocol is far too high which creates very harsh side effects. It's been long established that 30mg a day is pretty much the point of diminishing returns but the NHS are always behind current knowledge and prescribe way over that to some people.

ReputationRep:
    No one is perfect so if you have bad skin at least be muscular. Clear skin does really make a difference in how you look but it doesn't make or break you.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't change your physical appearance that much - depending on its severity. Saying that, getting rid of acne can work wonders for your self-esteem and confidence is very attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    No one is perfect so if you have bad skin at least be muscular. Clear skin does really make a difference in how you look but it doesn't make or break you.
    I am muscular.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Zenarthra;[url="tel:62880435")
    62880435[/url]]tbh, i think its just hormones. Ive tried everything and nothing seems to work.
    Well you haven't 'tried everything' if you aren't prepared to go to the doctors....
    As Woody says Roaccutane is great.

(Original post by WoodyMKC;[url="tel:62880675")
    62880675[/url]]Accutane works wonders but unfortunately the NHS dosing protocol is far too high which creates very harsh side effects. It's been long established that 30mg a day is pretty much the point of diminishing returns but the NHS are always behind current knowledge and prescribe way over that to some people.
    Takes ages to get going tbh and dries your skin out so much so you need to keep applying stuff.
    Currently on 30mg a day, rising to 50mg in just over a week... If it ends up shifting the spots on my neck/back i ain't complaining...

This drug (over several cycles) improved my life so much, proper acne became just the odd spot. Never had anything worse than isolated spots on my face since, only neck/upper back gets outbreaks now.
    Those steroids i'm taking probably aren't helping
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    Well you haven't 'tried everything' if you aren't prepared to go to the doctors....
    As Woody says Roaccutane is great.

Takes ages to get going tbh and dries your skin out so much so you need to keep applying stuff.
    Currently on 30mg a day, rising to 50mg in just over a week... If it ends up shifting the spots on my neck/back i ain't complaining...

This drug (over several cycles) improved my life so much, proper acne became just the odd spot. Never had anything worse than isolated spots on my face since, only neck/upper back gets outbreaks now.
    Those steroids i'm taking probably aren't helping
    Fair enough Just keep an eye on the side effects at 50, a lot of people start getting really depressed and lethargic with sun-sensitive skin and peeling/cracking especially on the lips and inside the nostrils. I tend to just run 30mg every other day for a few months and then drop down to one tablet twice a week for a few months to maintain, works wonders with no side effects

Is yours prescribed or?

Course not mate, da testosteronez = acne.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    No one is perfect so if you have bad skin at least be muscular.
    Smh...

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, good skin does make a huge difference to attractiveness BUT there's other things that make a huge difference to attraction...it's not just looks pal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    Smh...

What's your beef now koo koo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    Smh...

Why you posting gay sht like that?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.