onderk
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello, I am a Year 11 student, actually looking forward to the exams that are slowly approaching. I literally have 85 days until my first exam (on the day of posting this thread obviously )

Subject and Board | Mock Grade

Maths (Edexcel) - A*
Biology (AQA) - A*
Chemistry (AQA) - A*
Physics (AQA) - A*
Religious Studies (WJEC) - A*
History (Edexcel) - A*
Business and Economics (Edexcel) - A*
Sociology (AQA) - A*
French - B+
English Language - B
English Literature - B

Too many GCSE's I know .

Overall mock results were = 8 A*'s and 3 B's

I would love to change the B's (English Lang and Lit and French) into A's, alongside my Turkish grade at A* (which I got in Year 9) that would give me:
9 A*'s and 3 A's

I want this thread to maintain my 'high' levels of motivation (superficial) and perhaps gets some tips.

If anyone has any tips on genuinely succeeding at English and French please please tell me, any type of help would be appreciated

I am far from complacent on the subjects I performed well at, I work hardest on Chemistry, Physics, Sociology. Any tips on these would also be appreciated

A Level options: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, History and Turkish

I will try to update this regularly on my revision.

Here goes nothing.. (JOKES )
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nice mock results :borat:

I would suggest getting feedback from your teachers for English - they are very difficult subjects to get top marks in. I remember my teacher just saying that we needed 'flair' in our answers to get the top marks. Also make sure that you're doing everything that you should be doing (evaluating, own opinions, possibly citing critics, background information about the time in which things are set etc).

Good luck!
LemonadeAspire
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
Well done! What you willing to study at university? and what university would you like to go to? :P
brainzistheword
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by onderk)
Hello, I am a Year 11 student, actually looking forward to the exams that are slowly approaching. I literally have 85 days until my first exam (on the day of posting this thread obviously )

Subject and Board | Mock Grade

Maths (Edexcel) - A*
Biology (AQA) - A*
Chemistry (AQA) - A*
Physics (AQA) - A*
Religious Studies (WJEC) - A*
History (Edexcel) - A*
Business and Economics (Edexcel) - A*
Sociology (AQA) - A*
French - B+
English Language - B
English Literature - B

Too many GCSE's I know .

Overall mock results were = 8 A*'s and 3 B's

I would love to change the B's (English Lang and Lit and French) into A's, alongside my Turkish grade at A* (which I got in Year 9) that would give me:
9 A*'s and 3 A's

I want this thread to maintain my 'high' levels of motivation (superficial) and perhaps gets some tips.

If anyone has any tips on genuinely succeeding at English and French please please tell me, any type of help would be appreciated

I am far from complacent on the subjects I performed well at, I work hardest on Chemistry, Physics, Sociology. Any tips on these would also be appreciated

A Level options: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, History and Turkish

I will try to update this regularly on my revision.

Here goes nothing.. (JOKES )
Good luck
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3897511
Ara8311a
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't know what exam board you're with for French. I'm with Edexcel and what's really helping me is the revision workbook which the exam board has made ( I think it's Pearson?). They have reading exercises and links to listening materials on their website with questions too.
Another site I use is languagesonline but I think our school has a subscription to it. Your school might have something similar?

For English have you tried Mr Bruff on YouTube? He talks you through the different questions and I've found him really useful. He focuses mainly on the AQA specification but some of the points he makes are useful for other exam boards.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.93%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.29%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.08%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.15%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.88%

Watched Threads