Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The EU question has brought big business and the left together Watch

ReputationRep:
    I just find it funny how the left and big business have come together and want the same goals. The EU furthers their monopoly and schemes (e.g. TTIP) and the left are in full support of it. You know something is wrong when the left and big business want the same thing. 1975 the left were a staunch supporter of fairness. Now, the left are simply the driving force of big business. I just find it hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    What grates me so badly about this debate is the BBC driven propaganda

'Business leaders want us to stay in the EU'

As if the interests of businesses are always aligned with the interests of the general public :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Free Kurdistan)
    What grates me so badly about this debate is the BBC driven propaganda

'Business leaders want us to stay in the EU'

As if the interests of businesses are always aligned with the interests of the general public :rolleyes:
    They ignore the large number of small and medium businesses who want to leave. I thought the left would be the first to see the real reason why big business favours staying, yet instead they stand behind them preaching "leaving the EU would reduce investment" and "the big businesses will relocate". If only people knew that the EU only benefits the pockets of big business while the rest of us are left to suffer

ReputationRep:
    Meanwhile George Galloway and Nigel Farage can chum it up together. I wonder who Putin gives more money too?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.