Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is this done on purpose or has it just been overlooked?

Ad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    Is this done on purpose or has it just been overlooked?

Ad
    Bring in the British System!!!!

Today is the 1000th of 1000, 11111010011.

Brought to you by the B3 (bring back binary) foundation.

ReputationRep:
    i personally think that because vbulletin is an american program, it comes default with an american date setting. Something d probs overlooked. I don't think he would purposefully set it to this setting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    i personally think that because vbulletin is an american program, it comes default with an american date setting. Something d probs overlooked. I don't think he would purposefully set it to this setting.
    No, PM d and ask him to change it. We want the Brit system!

(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    No, PM d and ask him to change it. We want the Brit system!
    The system is not peculiar to Britain but is employed by most other countries worldwide!!

(Original post by Unregistered)
    The system is not peculiar to Britain but is employed by most other countries worldwide!!
    What are you talking about? It is peculiar to Britain. The British system employs a date/month/year format whereas the American system is in the format of month/date/year. It has become relatively worldwide in recent years because of the Internet where the manufacturers of hardware and software originate mostly from the US thus the default settings would be in the American system of things, including the date format. It was obligatory that it has fast become a worldwide date system as a result, but not traditionally.

ReputationRep:
    Date/month/year is soooo much more logical a format!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Date/month/year is soooo much more logical a format!!
    Yes it is, especially on a chat room so you can see which day something was posted.

Silly Americans

(Original post by Vin)
    What are you talking about? It is peculiar to Britain. The British system employs a date/month/year format whereas the American system is in the format of month/date/year. It has become relatively worldwide in recent years because of the Internet where the manufacturers of hardware and software originate mostly from the US thus the default settings would be in the American system of things, including the date format. It was obligatory that it has fast become a worldwide date system as a result, but not traditionally.
    You misunderstood my comment that day/month/year is not peculiar to Britain. I repeat it is not peculiar to Britain as all over the world countries use day/month/year and in fact, I believe that only USA use month/date/year.

(Original post by Unregistered)
    You misunderstood my comment that day/month/year is not peculiar to Britain. I repeat it is not peculiar to Britain as all over the world countries use day/month/year and in fact, I believe that only USA use month/date/year.
    I use the word peculiar, not in the meaning of strange, but rather not only used in Britain, therefore day/month/year system cannot be claimed as British but rather worldwide - USA's system is unique.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, cause they just had to be different.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm it just took me the untire thread ot realise what you were on about..and does it really matter!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    of course it matters! if you had to drive on the right side of the road 2moro would that matter?

Ad

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.