Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There are 12 lengthy topics to learn for GCSE Edexcel Geography B and I have no idea how I'm gong to do it - there's so much content. Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    I did Geography at GCSE - and yes, it contains a lot of information! It's nothing to be afraid of, because you really can't tell how fast you're moving when you're working. If you get a ring binder folder and put in some dividers with all the topics, that will allow you to remain organised. Put the date at the top of everything, and keep them in date order within the dividers. I'd also add an extra divider for past papers and exam questions, just make sure you write at the top what topic it's for!

It's a really fun topic, with lots of great content. I didn't carry it over to A-Level (not because it's hard, because it isn't too hard), but if it's something you enjoy, certainly do go for it!

ReputationRep:
    We only have to study 10/12 units, and they are split into 3 exams, so it should be easier...

How are you revising?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I am stressed too! Memorize case studies. And quite a lot of unit 2 is pretty similar (a big mind map possibly), and in each topic in unit 2 there is a lot of similar stuff, so it can be easier to condense or revise from. Also practice exam technique, a) 2 points, b) 2 points but developed c) 3 developed points. If 8 mark maybe 4 developed points or 3 even more developed?? Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meganl1610)
    There are 12 lengthy topics to learn for GCSE Edexcel Geography B and I have no idea how I'm gong to do it - there's so much content. Any tips?
    I

(Original post by JenniMusic)
    We only have to study 10/12 units, and they are split into 3 exams, so it should be easier...

How are you revising?
    (Original post by FabulouslyAwks)
    Hi! I am stressed too! Memorize case studies. And quite a lot of unit 2 is pretty similar (a big mind map possibly), and in each topic in unit 2 there is a lot of similar stuff, so it can be easier to condense or revise from. Also practice exam technique, a) 2 points, b) 2 points but developed c) 3 developed points. If 8 mark maybe 4 developed points or 3 even more developed?? Hope this helps
    I did this last year and got an A*. I have some revision notes if you guys want them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    I
    I did this last year and got an A*. I have some revision notes if you guys want them.
    That would be great, thanks! Would you mind explaining how you revised Geography?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JenniMusic)
    That would be great, thanks! Would you mind explaining how you revised Geography?
    Went onto the specification. Every thing you need to know is listed as bullet points. So I would open a word document and use each bullet point as a question. Then, using the textbook, revision guide or the internet, answer these questions and hence create my notes which I can then use as a quicker source of revision.

Also made flash cards of the case studies I needed to learn and of course did a ton of past papers. PM me for the notes.

ReputationRep:
    how do i PM you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.