Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What are the similar and the difference in both of mice and men and lord of the flies

ReputationRep:
    It almost sounds like someone wants answers for their homework but just can't be bothered to do it :closedeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haya2900)
    What are the similar and the difference in both of mice and men and lord of the flies

Lord of the flies dealt more with how when the children were placed in a place with no structured society they lost all ties to their past life. they became barbarous and went against all of societies norms ( example the killing of piggy).
    Of Mice and Men is more about euthanasia. The whole concept of having the right to take someone's life so that they will not suffer. there was a paradox to it when they killed the dog because it was old and blind.
    Both of these books are similar because they refer to topics that society thinks are set into stone. Also they both deal with how society makes us who we are up until we need to bend the rules we try to go away from it.
    hope that helps
    Also...
    there is a whole essay on that:
    http://www.123helpme.com/view.asp?id=16371

this link is on the characters:
    http://www.123helpme.com/view.asp?id=16339

Also this thread is similiar:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=529895

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haya2900)
    it depends what exactly are you looking for? there is tons!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by KaylaB)
    It almost sounds like someone wants answers for their homework but just can't be bothered to do it :closedeyes:
    Dat avatar... Lana :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Dat avatar... Lana :love:
    :five:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    :five:
    She's my celebrity crush :love:

ReputationRep:
    Not really but i didnt understand the story and my teacher expecting me to do my coursework at home without any help that why i am really desperate for an answer

ReputationRep:
    Just checking is this thread is not closed.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.