Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

These are the rules and laws of MY religion. Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's NOT to rest on the 7th day, and not to pray 5 times a day, and not to observe this or that holiday, and not to abstain from eating this food or that food.
    The ONLY rule is :
    To enjoy your life.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the information.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  g11.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  20.1 KB
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I can sleep peacefully now. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    But should the UK leave the EU?

ReputationRep:
    shut your hole

ReputationRep:
    crusts: on or off ?

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Hohoho wow man ur such a hero with ur religion. It is sooo liberal and soooo much better than all the other religions

Damn man you're the hero Gotham needs

ReputationRep:
    To enjoy your life, even to the detriment of others?

Religion should totally be banned

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    Thank you for the information.
    Now..do you want to join my religion?.
    Or do you want to believe in the other religions with all their restrictions and commandments ,which do nothing but impede and hurt your enjoyment of life.

In my religion, NOTHING and I mean absolutely NOTHING is forbidden and NOTHING - no holiday,prayer,ritual is required of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    crusts: on or off ?

:holmes:
    Always off man, c'mon dude(!)

ReputationRep:
    this isn't a religion. it's one doctrine.
    a religion is different from a philosophy (of which contain doctrines) in that it contains some kind of faith or spiritual element. "live your life" (etc) isn't a religion, therefore, because that's just a basic subjective statement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspirink)
    Or do you want to believe in the other religions with all their restrictions and commandments ,which do nothing but impede and hurt your enjoyment of life.

In my religion, NOTHING and I mean absolutely NOTHING is forbidden and NOTHING - no holiday,prayer,ritual is required of you.
    but do you have to become a ******* to join ?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Isn't that the same as following no religion...?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    dont want to follow rules, atheism has no rules

ReputationRep:
    It's NOT to rest on the 7th day, and not to pray 5 times a day, and not to observe this or that holiday, and not to abstain from eating this food or that food.
    The ONLY rule is :
    To enjoy your life.
    Thanks man! Cannibalism here I come!

ReputationRep:
    The ONLY rule is :
    To enjoy your life.
    and worship allah above all things?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    this isn't a religion. it's one doctrine.
    a religion is different from a philosophy (of which contain doctrines) in that it contains some kind of faith or spiritual element. "live your life" (etc) isn't a religion, therefore, because that's just a basic subjective statement
    It's barely even a doctrine. It's shallow, nihilistic, pseudo-meaningful, bull****, typically seen on 18 year old's Facebook profiles, accompanied by hundreds of photos of them "living their lives to the full", which in their limited scope equates to getting drunk every weekend and acting like morons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greenlaner)
    It's barely even a doctrine. It's shallow, nihilistic, pseudo-meaningful, bull****, typically seen on 18 year old's Facebook profiles, accompanied by hundreds of photos of them "living their lives to the full", which in their limited scope equates to getting drunk every weekend and acting like morons.
    I don't find anything really wrong with the doctrine as having fun doesn't hurt anybody else and doesn't necessarily lead to bad or irresponsible outcomes, I just don't think it's a "religion" based on what distinguishes a religion from a philosophy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    dont want to follow rules, atheism has no rules
    thou shalt be smug for the length of thy days

and the smugness of the Dawk

shall slime upon thee

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.