Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yo! I need help on how to answer the last 2 questions.....what is it that you actually need to show? For instance the November 2014 paper tells you to :

'Describe a memorable event from your school days and explain why it has remained unforgettable' , but what should I say if I have no memorable events, well at least no events that are exactly 'clean' for marking...

Looking at the mark scheme it says you have to included complex vocabulary and engage the reader and communicate in a way that is convincing etc but what does that actually mean? Thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    Hello TheRealDJZ

Then frankly you will have to make one up, at the end of the day nobody is going to check if you actually LIVED through your memorable event. The key bit is where it asks you to DESCRIBE the event and then to EXPLAIN why it's still memorable to this day.

Working on both of those different formats will net you maximum marks. Be sure to go into the exam fully aware of the distinction between the two and how to answer in both of those types of writing effectively. As the question is being generous by allowing you to gain marks for describing and then explaining. Not just one or the other in my old exam.

Best of luck and best regards, i hope this helped!
    Francis.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.