Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have recieved all my grades for my master program. Below is the data:

= 611/900 total score for 9 modules= 67.88%

My question now I have scored 54 in dissertation. I am still waiting for the feedback.

But my overall average is 67.88%, would that secure me a merit? or where do I stand now???

Thanks in advance.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hello Sirohi,

With regards to grades that you have achieved and what your final grade may be, I would contact your faculty directly as they will hold specific information regarding this, and would be able to advise you in more detail. If you provide the course you are studying I can provide you with their contact details if you wish?

Thanks

Joshua
    Enquiry Unit

ReputationRep:
    70+ is distinction or a first is your going for classification
    so you would be sat at a merit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniofGreenwich)
    Hello Sirohi,

With regards to grades that you have achieved and what your final grade may be, I would contact your faculty directly as they will hold specific information regarding this, and would be able to advise you in more detail. If you provide the course you are studying I can provide you with their contact details if you wish?

Thanks

Joshua
    Enquiry Unit
    Hello,

Thanks you for taking the time to reply. I have spoken to the program leader and he says it is a high merit. My personal tutor told me that if I am close to borderline distinction, there is a chance I can achieve that. He said that he has spoken to my program leader and will make a good reference for me if my course leader and program leader make a case for me with the PAB.

I am now anxious as I have 67.88%. The borderline for distinction is 69% will I qualify still. I have above 70% in 3 core modules. Should I be getting my hopes up???

ReputationRep:
    prob a decent merit. I assume each of those is weighted differently
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by sirohi)
    Hello,

Thanks you for taking the time to reply. I have spoken to the program leader and he says it is a high merit. My personal tutor told me that if I am close to borderline distinction, there is a chance I can achieve that. He said that he has spoken to my program leader and will make a good reference for me if my course leader and program leader make a case for me with the PAB.

I am now anxious as I have 67.88%. The borderline for distinction is 69% will I qualify still. I have above 70% in 3 core modules. Should I be getting my hopes up???
    Hello,

I would suggest that you again discuss this with the course leader or your personal tutor as they will have the specific information regarding the borderlines. Whilst we can offer you overall advice in this case I would suggest speaking with them and discussing this issue.

Once again, thanks for the contact.

Joshua

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.