Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you learn any programming languages?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, C and Java. I think R lectures start next week so I might brush up on that.

ReputationRep:
    Do u know small basic

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Cpt. Josh)
    I am relatively "fluent" in about 7 languages although all I ever really use is C#, I started out in Java (as in Java, not JS) but my favourite language is C#. I also hate C++ with a passion because it makes networking ridiculously overcomplicated.
    What do you class as relatively fluent?

ReputationRep:
    I have around 7 years experience and I would class myself as somewhat of an expert (without trying to sound arrogant).
    lol

ReputationRep:
    i know my way around Java
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    About to start learning C.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Basically I meant I have a good grasp of and can do most things in those languages, but there are some areas which I just haven't explored yet (apart from in C# and C++, I have around 7 years experience and I would class myself as somewhat of an expert without trying to sound arrogant). I run a game development studio and we recently signed a publishing contract with Steam, our flagship title is being released within the next few days.
    I've heard of people making senior positions with less experience, so I wouldn't call it arrogant! I'm guessing you use Unity? What's the title?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Java, Haskell and Pascal

The last two are utter crap...

ReputationRep:
    I have done Matlab in the past.
    This year some LabView and now doing C/C++
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by UWS)
    Java, Haskell and Pascal

What's wrong with Haskell? *pulls out pitchfork*
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jooooshy)
    What's wrong with Haskell? *pulls out pitchfork*
    It's just so boring and I hated it. I know it's used in industry but it's not for me lol
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by UWS)
    It's just so boring and I hated it. I know it's used in industry but it's not for me lol
    Fair enough! It's barely used in industry, if that makes you feel any better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Java, Haskell and Pascal

Hahaha I know that feeling, Pascal was the first language I learnt and it's so outdated.
    You know during the Y2K scare, they had to bring back Pascal programmers from retirement to ensure nothing would go wrong? That's right, there were Pascal programmers retired before the turn of the millennia :rofl:

At least I'm learning something useful now, C++ is life

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.