Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When to start revising for final exams GCSE? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My exams are May til June. When should I start to revise and if now, how do I structure an effective timetable for blocks of revising for each subject? I'm awful at structuring time and I find myself revising for whatever it takes and I don't set a timescale it's usually a rough estimate. Also how much time before my exams should I start to look through past papers? Thanks in advance for any answer :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twhiddy)
    My exams are May til June. When should I start to revise and if now, how do I structure an effective timetable for blocks of revising for each subject? I'm awful at structuring time and I find myself revising for whatever it takes and I don't set a timescale it's usually a rough estimate. Also how much time before my exams should I start to look through past papers? Thanks in advance for any answer :-)
    WELL... most of the people have started their revision already... maybe a month before
    So you should start your revision NOW
    here is a video to help you to make and sturcture your timetable

ReputationRep:
    https://getrevising.co.uk

Here you can make a digital study planner and it also has some other useful resources too.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting properly around mid-March. TBH, my resources are ready from mocks so it's not really a problem for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you start now, will you burn out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    WELL... most of the people have started their revision already... maybe a month before
    So you should start your revision NOW
    here is a video to help you to make and sturcture your timetable
    Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petrblak)
    https://getrevising.co.uk

Here you can make a digital study planner and it also has some other useful resources too.
    Good luck!
    Thanks for the link! I'll give it a go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yepthatsme)
    I'm starting properly around mid-March. TBH, my resources are ready from mocks so it's not really a problem for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here! That's probably why I wanted to know when to start revising because I'd properly revised for mocks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pyxis)
    If you start now, will you burn out?
    To be completely honest, I can't tell. I'm good at steady studying so I was thinking of maybe starting slow with 20 minute increments. Thanks for giving me this to consider!

ReputationRep:
    I properly started revising for my GCSEs probably a month before, but it's better to make sure you understand everything now before you start!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electrahearts)
    I properly started revising for my GCSEs probably a month before, but it's better to make sure you understand everything now before you start!
    Thank you! I'm deffo starting on Maths, so much to understand!

ReputationRep:
    Lol im starting Easter

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I'm deffo starting on Maths, so much to understand!
    great idea! there's loads of maths past papers available and they're definitely useful to practice on, so you know how to get all the marks available!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electrahearts)
    great idea! there's loads of maths past papers available and they're definitely useful to practice on, so you know how to get all the marks available!
    Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    You should've already started with your mocks so there shouldn't be that much more to go over. Just keep going over what you already know and do questions and more questions and yet more questions then you can sail through them 'cause there's only a finite number of types of questions and you'll probably have a few you've done before in the exams you'll sit in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrFartFace)
    You should've already started with your mocks so there shouldn't be that much more to go over. Just keep going over what you already know and do questions and more questions and yet more questions then you can sail through them 'cause there's only a finite number of types of questions and you'll probably have a few you've done before in the exams you'll sit in the summer.
    Yeah, I started revising for mocks last year and got through them..but I lost my stride over christmas and the beginning of this year. I guess I just need to pick myself up and start properly revising for my final exams

ReputationRep:
    Join the club, all exam revision loses momentum after a while, right now, I just want to get started with my summer but there's still months to go. Just gotta keep at it, but remember, if you absolutely don't want to do any more revision in a day, stop, take a break, go outside or w/e.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!
    my pleasure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrFartFace)
    Join the club, all exam revision loses momentum after a while, right now, I just want to get started with my summer but there's still months to go. Just gotta keep at it, but remember, if you absolutely don't want to do any more revision in a day, stop, take a break, go outside or w/e.
    Thanks for the advice!

ReputationRep:
    To be completely honest, I can't tell. I'm good at steady studying so I was thinking of maybe starting slow with 20 minute increments. Thanks for giving me this to consider!
    No problem! I'm doing GCSEs too and gonna try to start slowly and then increase the hours. Good luck!! What subjects are you doing?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.