Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    inactive

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I just wanted to say good luck, and those grades look great!
    What are you thinking of doing for A-Levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M141)
    Hey, I just wanted to say good luck, and those grades look great!
    What are you thinking of doing for A-Levels?
    Thank you so much! I've just edited my main post because I forgot to mention it! Oops! But anyway, I'm taking Maths, Biology, Chemistry and an AS in French! 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So before half term I had:

- Finished my Biology revision cards for B1, B2 and B3.
    - Finished Chemistry revision cards for C2 and C3.
    - Finished Physics revision posters for P2.
    - Assessed and evaluated my weak topics in Maths (vectors, congruent triangles, trigonometric algebra, transformations)
    - Finished History revision cards for the Cold War.
    - Finished Geography revision posters for Weather, Ecosystems and Developments.

During Half Term I have:

- Finished Chemistry revision cards for C1.
    - Printed off and annotated (some of) the Conflict poems for English Literature.
    - Revised and made a table about the AQA English Language Paper.
    - Revised the whole of the Maths course, done a past paper and made revision cards on tricky topics.
    - Started Physics revision posters for P3.

I hoped to have done more but oh well! My goal for mid-March is to have finished all of my revision materials so I can start to really revise and remember everything! I have a confession though: my date for finishing my revision materials was supposed to be now (end of Feb half term), but oh well!

Today (21/02/16) I will:

- Revise Maths and do some questions out of the revision guide for my mocks.
    - Do some practice questions for the English Language paper.
    - (I may do some annotating of poems and Physics posters but it depends how quickly I get through the Maths and other English).

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1456082034.486256.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  180.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1456082068.705846.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  195.5 KB

21/02/16

So I managed to finish learning Maths now - I completely understand vectors and congruent triangles so that's brilliant! I also did some questions from an English Language paper. I also managed to do some Physics revision posters and I annotated some more poems (both shown in the pictures).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edosawr)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1456082034.486256.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  180.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1456082068.705846.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  195.5 KB

21/02/16

So I managed to finish learning Maths now - I completely understand vectors and congruent triangles so that's brilliant! I also did some questions from an English Language paper. I also managed to do some Physics revision posters and I annotated some more poems (both shown in the pictures).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ugh, congruent triangles... Your revision posters look cool though and poem annotations? I haven't even started on those yet. We still have time though; three months!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ara8311a)
    Ugh, congruent triangles... Your revision posters look cool though and poem annotations? I haven't even started on those yet. We still have time though; three months!
    Thank you and I know congruent triangles absolutely suck!

ReputationRep:
    23/02/16

I've just had some mocks. They went decently but I didn't feel like they went as well as I wanted - a learning curve I guess! It's really made me get into revising, and I've just realised that it's 11ish weeks to the start of exams. I'm terrified!

Anyway, today I have done some history revision on the USA and B1 revision, as well as C3 revision. I've covered diet, drugs, evolution, adaptations and homeostasis. Tomorrow, I'll cover bacteria, adaptations, and genes with reproduction too. I've discovered that writing notes after looking and testing myself off of my revision cards is really useful! I've done almost a third of core biology in just a few hours (had revised it a lot a few months ago, so the long term memory is serving me well), which is really great!

ReputationRep:
    23/02/16

I've just had some mocks. They went decently but I didn't feel like they went as well as I wanted - a learning curve I guess! It's really made me get into revising, and I've just realised that it's 11ish weeks to the start of exams. I'm terrified!

Anyway, today I have done some history revision on the USA and B1 revision, as well as C3 revision. I've covered diet, drugs, evolution, adaptations and homeostasis. Tomorrow, I'll cover bacteria, adaptations, and genes with reproduction too. I've discovered that writing notes after looking and testing myself off of my revision cards is really useful! I've done almost a third of core biology in just a few hours (had revised it a lot a few months ago, so the long term memory is serving me well), which is really great!
    I'm thinking of doing NCS too this summer! (Just re-read your opening post!) Don't be scared. It sounds like you're doing well with your revision. Remember that most people won't start until Easter. You have nothing if not time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ara8311a)
    I'm thinking of doing NCS too this summer! (Just re-read your opening post!) Don't be scared. It sounds like you're doing well with your revision. Remember that most people won't start until Easter. You have nothing if not time.
    I'm really excited for NCS though, more excited than scared now! 😀 And thank you for the advice, it has settled my mind! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm really excited for NCS though, more excited than scared now! 😀 And thank you for the advice, it has settled my mind! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I gave advice? I'm glad I was useful?

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.