Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, I've got 2 offers from those two universities. MSc Finance and Investment from Bristol and MSc Quantitative Finance from Lancaster. My undergraduate background from mathematics, so which course will suit me better? And how those two compared in terms of reputation? I've heard that both of them are similarly ranked in 2nd tier below the big 4, or am I wrong?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Forget rankings. Its essentially just marketing.

Look at both of the courses in detail. Which one has the units/modules that actually interest you and will hold your interest and enthusiasm for an entire year? Which Dept has research stuff going on which interests you? Which city will you enjoy living in most - ie. Lancaster is much smaller than Bristol, Bristol is closer to London etc. Look at the OPen Day films for each Uni on You Tube - this will tell you which each thinks their best points are.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.