Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I went to uni a number of years ago and got 2 years funding. I dropped out.

    I decided to go back to uni but needed recent study experience so did part time course with Open University. Student Finance funded this.

    When the above course ends in the summer i want to change to full time degree at my chosen uni.

    The rule was always you got funded for length of degree plus one year minus years done before. So i should get funded for 2 years full time. Is this right? Are you still eligible for the maintenance loan/grants etc despite not getting tuition fee loan?

    Please help!!
    • Thread Starter

    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi CRF84

    If you are looking to do a 3 year course you will get full funding for years 2 and 3 and a maintenance loan only in year 1.
    This will also depend if you gained a qualification from the part-time course. If so, this will be classed as a year of previous study and you would only be fully funded in year 3.

What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.