Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I want to change my mistakes for my girlfriend. Please help? watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay so we've been together for only 4/5 months and I've never really been able to hold a relationship down due to these problems. Bare with me because there loads:
    -I get jealous over the tiniest things, such as if she mentions another boys name or even talks to someone else
    -I'm always paranoid when I'm not with her, I always think she's talking to someone else or up to no good
    -I'm too obsessive, will always want to see her and want her all to myself, I'll get moody if she doesn't want to see me or goes out with her friends
    -I always think she's going to leave me for someone better or cheat on me. I'm scared I will never find out.
    -I always overthink stuff about her, like I'll start thinking about stuff that shouldn't matter like her sexual past or ex boyfriends and I'll start arguments
    -I get jealous if boys like her photos on social media sites and think she will start liking them

And this isn't just a problem I've had with my current girlfriend. This is something tha's happened with all my girlfriends except one. The one who cheated on me. I have been cheated on twice so maybe I'm really insecure plus my mum cheated on my dad and that was a tough time for me aswell. I hate who I am and I hate what I do. I want to change. Because I love this girl to bits and I feel like I'm pushing her away. Please help me

ReputationRep:
    You really need to stop getting into relationships at the moment, I don't know how old you are but you seem so insecure in yourself, of course your relationships are going to break down.

Work on yourself on improving your confidence, get hobbies, hang out with your friends. She's allowed to have friends too.
    If she cheats, she cheats. There's nothing you can do about it.
    If a guy likes her photo, there's nothing you can do about it.

You sound really controlling, you just need to trust her and enjoy yourself. You seem wayyyyyyy to invested in her and it hasn't even been half a year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayDaniels16)
    The one who cheated on me. I have been cheated on twice so maybe I'm really insecure plus my mum cheated on my dad and that was a tough time for me aswell. I hate who I am and I hate what I do. I want to change. Because I love this girl to bits and I feel like I'm pushing her away. Please help me
    Without even reading that last bit I was expecting you to have experienced cheating by your parents or something like that. What your experiencing is not to absurd - it happens to plenty of people.

You will just have to deal with the fact that some people are known to cheat and just not let that past experience influence your decisions. If someone you are dating is interested in another person, being over bearing and putting lots of pressure on them is going to push them further away.

You just need to realise that doing what your doing, is going to see the results you don't want to happen and make a active and mental decision to stop.

ReputationRep:
    tbh i think your partners that have cheated on you bc the way you treat them and have pushed them away.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Mrs House are you 16? if you are maybe you should be single and work on improving yourself because they way you are behaving right now is not healthy and you know it, you don't want to be seen as clingy, needy and controlling. Maybe seek therapy to help you? as you have issues from your childhood that needs resolving too.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.