Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi guys,

I'm currently studying maths, physics and economics at A2. Since about Christmas, I've had barely any work to get on with. I've not had that much to do, so I've done no work on weekends, holidays and after school. I don't even have to use all of my frees to do everything.

I worked fairly hard before Christmas (about 3 hours per day) and I've already made the notes that I need to. I just need to make notes on physics unit 5 and economics unit 4. I don't want to do them yet as we've not yet finished in class and I don't want to hit my peak too early. Maths and economics papers are going pretty well, but I've not done much physics since there seem to be a lack of resources about. I don't want to use them all up so soon. I feel that I know all the material well, just exam technique needs some work.

Last year, I got ABC which I'd like to bring up to AAA. I'm on target for an A in maths and economics, but I don't really know where I'll end up in physics. If I don't get at least a B, I won't be able to get into uni.

I feel that I should be doing loads of work now as people now seem to be revising quite hard. I do enjoy revision when I get into it and I'm feeling a lack of fulfillment when I do no work in my free time. I'm questioning whether I'm doing things right as I'm not exactly getting full marks in everything. My teachers rarely set us work to do, so I'm looking for some more resources to use to try to bring those grades right up.

In your situation I would sign up for a free on-line relevant course. For physics, there is a Udacity course called Physics 101 ( I think). Depending on your board, this kind of thing is excellent and relevant work at about the same level. There are many Udacity and EDx course in Maths and Physics that are good for this kind of thing. In addition, for Economics I would read more. If you have not read Freakonomics and SuperFreakonomics then do so now.
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful revision links

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.