Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys!

So I have these offers for PPE at KCL and Warwick (still waiting an answer from UCL) and I am currently more attracted by the second because of three main matters:

- the costs of living (London is a wallet mass-murderer)
    - Warwick's reputation for Economics, which seems brilliant, and rising overall reputation in the world
    - the "age" of the degree itself (second year for KCL and UCL, more than a decade for Warwick), so probably more experience from the lecturers about what to do to cope with this particular degree.

But King's seems more reputable outside of the UK, and, as I would maybe want to pursue a masters degree abroad, it may have its importance.

I know that both of these Unis are renowed and that I should only decide upon personal preferences, but I have not as many informations about KCL's bright sides as I do for Warwick.

Could anyone currently at KCL (the best being a PPE student) give me informations about the course and study life / social life of the Uni so I could judge more fairly and without being biaised what would be best for me?

ReputationRep:
    I am in the exact same position ! Anyone can help ?

From what I read, if you want to work in finance or any subject related (IB...) you should go for Warwick without a doubt ! KCL has a better international reputation but I guess that the name matters less than what employers think so you should ask people who work in the fields you are interested in !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midaftann)
    Hello guys!

So I have these offers for PPE at KCL and Warwick (still waiting an answer from UCL) and I am currently more attracted by the second because of three main matters:

- the costs of living (London is a wallet mass-murderer)
    - Warwick's reputation for Economics, which seems brilliant, and rising overall reputation in the world
    - the "age" of the degree itself (second year for KCL and UCL, more than a decade for Warwick), so probably more experience from the lecturers about what to do to cope with this particular degree.

But King's seems more reputable outside of the UK, and, as I would maybe want to pursue a masters degree abroad, it may have its importance.

I know that both of these Unis are renowed and that I should only decide upon personal preferences, but I have not as many informations about KCL's bright sides as I do for Warwick.

Could anyone currently at KCL (the best being a PPE student) give me informations about the course and study life / social life of the Uni so I could judge more fairly and without being biaised what would be best for me?
    King's main specialities are in international relations/conflicts and philosophy (especially ancient and eastern philosophy). It is less strong in economics: they don't offer an actual economics degree, but rather political economy. So it really depends on what your personal preference is.

As for King's as a university: London is expensive, yes, but it's also London, the capital of the world. Warwick is a campus on the outskirts of Coventry. There is literally nothing of interest within a 100 mile radius except the university. Which is good if you like small, cosy, academically stimulating environments. Not so good if you like diversity, employment opportunities, and the feeling of being at the centre of things. Opportunities for social life at KCL are the same as every other university, but KCL is in London, and opportunities for social life in London are literally endless. You can meet people from UCL, LSE, as well as 'normal' people from all walks of life at KCL.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.