Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Imperial or Bath?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've received unconditional offers from both Imperial (biology) and Bath (natural sciences) and I just can't commit to choosing one or the other!
    I prefer the campus and the surroundings at Bath and got a better feel for it, and I like the flexibility of the course.
    But Imperial is a 'better' uni in terms of prestige, job prospects, graduate salary etc.
    I want to enjoy my time at uni but also don't wanna f*** up my life for the sake of having a bit more fun for the next 3 years
    Someone sway me either way please!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Imperial is a teeny tiny bit better than Bath for biological sciences and in terms of all the stuff you've, going to Bath is not going to mess up your life. Bath is cheaper, has much higher student satisfaction and has the opportunity to do an integrated masters. The only things Imperial really has over Bath are an established research placement program and depending on who you ask the city too.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    It's important for you to be happy at whichever uni you choose, so it's best to weigh everything up and pick the place you'd be happiest at. Not only is the uni and prospects important, but what you achieve there as well through your own work - getting good grades, getting involved at the uni, doing work experience/internships/even placement years etc, so between those two I wouldn't say that choosing one over the other would 'mess' up your life.

I'm a current Bath student but I'm not trying to sway you one way or the other. I've lived in London for a long time and it's a nice place to be, but can be quite expensive when it comes to accommodation and other things.

Bath as a city on the other hand is wonderful, a nice change from London and I feel happy here.

From this page NatSci seems to have a lot of interesting choices, like education modules, management modules, and you can even choose a foreign language to study as part of your degree (or study it on the side for free, though it won't count towards your degree).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whatarethis)
    Hi I've received unconditional offers from both Imperial (biology) and Bath (natural sciences) and I just can't commit to choosing one or the other!
    I prefer the campus and the surroundings at Bath and got a better feel for it, and I like the flexibility of the course.
    But Imperial is a 'better' uni in terms of prestige, job prospects, graduate salary etc.
    I want to enjoy my time at uni but also don't wanna f*** up my life for the sake of having a bit more fun for the next 3 years
    Someone sway me either way please!!
    Both are great choices. I'm a biology student currently studying at Imperial (2nd year) so if you have any questions about the course or Imperial in general I can help answer

Sadly, it's very hard to find a perfect comparison on here as no one has probably studied biology at both but it depends what you want to focus on. Generally, natural sciences is better if you like all the sciences or mix and matching them. If you want to do just biology and focus on just biology go for Imperial...if you want to do other subjects as well (e.g. chemistry, or maths, or education) then go with the bath degree as it gives you that freedom.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.