Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm a Politics and International Relations student in my Placement Year (working in Government Relations for a multinational), and I've got about 10 weeks free between the end of my contract and the start of Final Year. I would like to get something else on my CV in this time, and I am trying to think of ideas that would be good for someone in my field (really vague, sorry). So far I've thought of (and to some extent acted on):

- Working for my local MP (can't think of any other politics related stuff not in London)
    - Vounteering through my local volunteering council organisation (which I think is connected to the council)
    - Working in a charity shop
    - Working in a homeless shelter

The key thing is that I can't afford to live somewhere else - i.e. I can't continue to live in London for my placement as I am doing now. I'll be living at home (in Hampshire), so the opportunities are more limited compared to London.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know

Thanks!

Robert

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.