Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A tactical drinking game? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you think some students would be interested in a tactical drinking game?
    Yes
    100.00%
    No
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

After 3 years at uni I have played many games of Ring of Fire and Flip Cup etc.
    However by the end of my time at uni these games lost the fun that they initially had. I felt the reason for this is that they were waaay too one dimensional, meaning people lost enthusiasm for the game rather quickly.

This is why in the last 6 months I have been creating a drinking game which has a tactical element meaning no game is the same as the last one. Whilst it follows some rules entrenched in traditional drinking games the tactical element is similar to that of many trading card game. This means if you play a card from your hand at the correct time it can help your position in the game or hinder your opponents. Play a card at the wrong time? It can well and truly backfire. The way the game works also means you can be in control of how many drinks you give to people therefore you can make sure that you don't have one person who began drinking at midday having to drink the most drinks (so that they don't end up spewing into a toilet at 10pm).

The reason I'm posting is I have already tried out the game as a prototype with my friends with good feedback however I'd like to get an opinion from more people as to to whether you think students might be interested in a drinking card game with a tactical element before I begin to market the product.

The target market would be between 18 and 25 and the game can be played by 3-8 people. The game consists of 90 cards and would retail from £8.99. Also we are working on adding suits and numbers to 52 of the cards so that people can play other drinking card games with the deck if they wish to.

Any feedback is much appreciated as well as info on your favourite drinking games and what you liked about them!

Many thanks,
    Elliot

ReputationRep:
    I play drinking games with my friends but if it were up to me, we'd just be downing our drinks while talking. drinking games makes drinking seem like labour, something we have to "make fun". it makes something already fun seem less fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    I play drinking games with my friends but if it were up to me, we'd just be downing our drinks while talking. drinking games makes drinking seem like labour, something we have to "make fun". it makes something already fun seem less fun
    yeah, I sometimes I prefer just drinking and talking with music on in the background, but I think its nice to mix it up every so often too.

Ring of Fire does seem like a bit of a chore for me nowadays. Its now just a way of getting drunk quicker, it has completely lost the fun factor which should be associated with drinking games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erm1994)
    yeah, I sometimes I prefer just drinking and talking with music on in the background, but I think its nice to mix it up every so often too.

Ring of Fire does seem like a bit of a chore for me nowadays. Its now just a way of getting drunk quicker, it has completely lost the fun factor which should be associated with drinking games.
    with the number of people I usually play with, I'm always sipping my drink while I wait for my turn - the amount I drink while I wait is usually always more than the amount I actually have to drink based on what card I pick up :lol: so usually when I'm told to drink (e.g. 6 dicks) I drink like 1/4 of my drink

ReputationRep:
    probably wouldnt pay for a drinking game with all the free alternatives available. If i did pay i probably wouldnt pay more than a fiver.

Also i find the point of a drinking game is to get drunk and quickly, i wouldn't want a tactical element where the aim was to control the dirnking. Sounds like you just want to play a game of cards whilst having a drink which you can do with a normal deck of cards.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.