Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Getting experience. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I posted a thread last week which hasn't get any replies, so maybe a rethink is in order.

I wrote that thread last week, which was more along the lines of apprenticeships, but what I am really looking at is how, in my position, do I get experience in the industry and companies/organisations that will get me in the position I want to be in.

I am currenlly studying an Accesss course in Science, Techonology and Mathematics at the Open University and will be Starting my General Engineering Degree again with Open University in October.

With it being part time I am able to do the course and still work full time and be flexible with my studying.

With this in mind I would really want to start working in the aeronautical/aerospace engineering industry, not necessarily as an engineer, but in a situation where I can gain alot of experience and build a network of people and companies that may want to hire me when qualified.

Are there any suggestions on how I can go about gaining expereince and building that network?

Maybe a forum, meet ups, conferences and so on.

thanks

Nathan
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi there it's Amanda here at BCU!. Our graduate Katja was working in engineering for Siemens - and the company supported her to take a degree part time in Mechanical Engineering whilst working at the same time. She's shared some advice which I thought might help you? See www.bcu.ac.uk/how-to/katja

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.