Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you think Brexit will affect non-EU students in England? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for engineering at Sheffield and hopefully Surrey, but the upcoming Brexit vote has me a little concerned. I know it's way more confusing for EU citizens in the UK, but I'm still wondering how I might be affected.

What do you guys think?

(Original post by Utkarsh Singh)
    I have an offer for engineering at Sheffield and hopefully Surrey, but the upcoming Brexit vote has me a little concerned. I know it's way more confusing for EU citizens in the UK, but I'm still wondering how I might be affected.

What do you guys think?
    You shouldn't be affected at all, as far as I can tell. Although competition for future applicants would get a lot stronger if EU students were added to the international applicant pool, as they would if the UK leaves.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Don't worry, everyone knows deep down that we aren't going to leave the EU. I'd be surprised if we were even in control of the decision. People like to believe they are however, so giving them the illusion of control makes it all the easier for them to believe that they're actually in control of deciding whether the UK will leave the EU.

Not gonna happen. Not this time around, at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final Fantasy)
    Don't worry, everyone knows deep down that we aren't going to leave the UK. I'd be surprised if we were even in control of the decision. People like to believe they are however, so giving them the illusion of control makes it all the easier for them to believe that they're actually in control of deciding whether the UK will leave the EU.

Not gonna happen. Not this time around, at least.
    haha good one. they already know what will happen.. the votes won't go anywhere

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.