Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ...Boris leads out campaign...

...Out wins...

...Cameron resigns...

...Boris becomes PM...

:afraid:

I doubt he gives a rats ass about the EU. It's purely about calculating which side of the referendum is best for his career.

ReputationRep:
    That's what people are saying about Theresa May for not joining the Out Campaign lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    ...Boris leads out campaign...

...Out wins...

...Cameron resigns...

...Boris becomes PM...

:afraid:

I doubt he gives a rats ass about the EU. It's purely about calculating which side of the referendum is best for his career.
    Hopefully Tory MPs see that it is just leadership plotting and elect someone else.

ReputationRep:
    Brexit won't win though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordMallard)
    Hopefully Tory MPs see that it is just leadership plotting and elect someone else.
    Regardless of how naked power seeking it looks to the "informed" the guy is good at the whole being proud of being British thing. He would be an asset to the leave campaign tbo.

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of how naked power seeking it looks to the "informed" the guy is good at the whole being proud of being British thing. He would be an asset to the leave campaign tbo.
    Yes, he would help the Brexit cause. I just hope he doesn't become PM.

ReputationRep:
    The nationalistic tripe trotted out by both sides, especially the out side is so horribly cringey.

I vaguely agree with Cameron, as much as it pains me to say it and will unenthusiastically vote to stay in.

ReputationRep:
    What are people thinking as an early prediction ...
    Is the UK out?
    I got a feeling that this will happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    The nationalistic tripe trotted out by both sides, especially the out side is so horribly cringey.
    Agreed, the entire out campaign seems to be frothing at the mouth from people who think we're still the British Empire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    Is the UK out?
    Possibly, but I don't know. If you read the comments on any news site you'll see a huge amount of vocal out supporters, and the polls on all the *****y local tabloids always show out supports winning.

But I think news comment sections and tabloid polls attract a 'certain type' of people. If you look at proper polls it's much, much closer. So we can only hope that common sense prevails.

That said, I think Cameron being such a bumbling moron over negotiating a deal probably lost some support for the in vote. He's done more harm than good, and rattled the cages of the nationalists even more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    Possibly, but I don't know. If you read the comments on any news site you'll see a huge amount of vocal out supporters, and the polls on all the *****y local tabloids always show out supports winning.

But I think news comment sections and tabloid polls attract a 'certain type' of people. If you look at proper polls it's much, much closer. So we can only hope that common sense prevails.

That said, I think Cameron being such a bumbling moron over negotiating a deal probably lost some support for the in vote. He's done more harm than good, and rattled the cages of the nationalists even more.
    The UKIP have a high percentage of the vote although the are not in parliament

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)

I vaguely agree with Cameron, as much as it pains me to say it and will unenthusiastically vote to stay in.
    'Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel'.

I hate the fact that UKIP try to cover up their shortcomings by wrapping up their policies in a Union Jack. I was sickened seeing UKIP rosettes adorning war memorials at our local cenotaph.

People on both sides of the argument want the best for the country and I respect only those on either side that acknowledge this fact l.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)
    Brexit won't win though.
    Says this guy's father.

(Original post by TeeEm)
    Is the UK out?
    I think that we'll vote to stay. A lot of undecided voters will, at the end of the day, vote for the status quo (or, at least, vote to avoid being on the same side as toxic figures like Nigel Farage). Of course, there's a good four months left so it could still swing either way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    'Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel'.

I hate the fact that UKIP try to cover up their shortcomings by wrapping up their policies in a Union Jack. I was sickened seeing UKIP rosettes adorning war memorials at our local cenotaph.

People on both sides of the argument want the best for the country and I respect only those on either side that acknowledge this fact l.
    The EU is essentially the fourth Reich, it was what the Nazis wanted and failed to achieve, so I can understand your sickness at the sight of rosettes adorning war memorials...

ReputationRep:
    I think you're just trying to conspiracise his opinion...if we wanted to stay, you'd be saying that it would be for the purpose of getting on the PM's good side and therefore being his pick for his successor (etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)
    Brexit won't win though.
    It became much more likely today.

Obviously there was a political calculation behind this, but Boris has long complained about the EU anyway. If you're on the fence to start with, there's nothing wrong with letting politics tip you one way or the other. It's not as though he performed an about turn.

ReputationRep:
    Why would Cameron resign?

ReputationRep:
    Boris has sense, Vote Leave!

ReputationRep:
    Boris might not change the outcome but he'll certainly change the campaign.

I'm pleased that the Out's have a heavyweight on side. It'll at least make the debate and campaign a bit more even.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.