Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you deal with stress when you don't have much time? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking exams this year and I'm really trying to revise enough to get the best grades, but at the same time I'm trying to get into the orchestral music scene (there's a phrase you don't hear a lot...). I have rehearsals until ten several nights a week and I go to a music school on Saturdays in London which requires me to leave the house at half 6 in the morning only to run home and do concerts until ten later in the day. Any ideas on how to cope with stress when you're scared that it's all a waste of time?

ReputationRep:
    Listen to upbeat music on your way

ReputationRep:
    Lmao. I thought this thread was a general question as to how we deal, not asking for advice.

I just shutdown and do nothing. And then, right at the last minute, the pressure makes me do everything at once. :woo:

My advice? Don't do that.

As above, I'd say listening to good music, being organised, so all your work is neat and easy to access.

I like to make to do lists, so I know exactly what needs to be done, and when by.

Also, there is a TSR thread by the fabulous Anon_98 that helps everyone be all productive and knuckle down on revision. I use it for homework, you could use it for anything you want to get done. You can find a link here.

Mostly, to try to avoid stress, manage your time, and allocate all the stuff you need to do in time slots,making sure you have times for breaks and rest, so you don't get too overwhelmed. I've also just made a study planner, to make sure I get stuff done at any time before 23:00 (see why I don't want you to be like me? Doing work at 23:00 is exhausting )

Good luck!

:rave:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You'llneverknow)
    I'm taking exams this year and I'm really trying to revise enough to get the best grades, but at the same time I'm trying to get into the orchestral music scene (there's a phrase you don't hear a lot...). I have rehearsals until ten several nights a week and I go to a music school on Saturdays in London which requires me to leave the house at half 6 in the morning only to run home and do concerts until ten later in the day. Any ideas on how to cope with stress when you're scared that it's all a waste of time?
    Eat loads of food, watch your favourite tv show and forget the world exists ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shiv is Light)
    Eat loads of food, watch your favourite tv show and forget the world exists ^_^
    ahahhah this is exactly what i do all the time
    but then coming back to reality is the hard thing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.