Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I've got an unconditional (because I finished sixth form college in 2015 so already have the grades) from the University of Leeds and University of Nottingham to study Bsc Management.

I applied to the University of Manchester but got denied (received notification of this about a month ago) because they said they don't accept the AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting as an equlavent to an A-level for the Bsc Management course (however they do for the Bsc Accounting course). I applied to Uni of Manchester last year for 2015 entry and they then accepted the AAT Level 3 for Bsc Management hence why I applied again this year assuming they'd accept it.

I'm distraught because the University of Manchester would most definitely be my first choice as I love the city, the university and the course modules.

I'm considering declining my current offers so I can then apply again to the Uni of Manchester through UCAS Extra. Is it possible the Uni will change its mind and lower the entry requirements closer to results day as they try and fill up their places?

Advice please? I really want to go to Uni of Manchester and not really too keen on going Leeds or Nottingham even though they're great universities.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by JMG-Manchester)
    Hi

I've got an unconditional (because I finished sixth form college in 2015 so already have the grades) from the University of Leeds and University of Nottingham to study Bsc Management.

I applied to the University of Manchester but got denied (received notification of this about a month ago) because they said they don't accept the AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting as an equlavent to an A-level for the Bsc Management course (however they do for the Bsc Accounting course). I applied to Uni of Manchester last year for 2015 entry and they then accepted the AAT Level 3 for Bsc Management hence why I applied again this year assuming they'd accept it.

I'm distraught because the University of Manchester would most definitely be my first choice as I love the city, the university and the course modules.

I'm considering declining my current offers so I can then apply again to the Uni of Manchester through UCAS Extra. Is it possible the Uni will change its mind and lower the entry requirements closer to results day as they try and fill up their places?

Advice please? I really want to go to Uni of Manchester and not really too keen on going Leeds or Nottingham even though they're great universities.
    I think it's much too early for them to be considering lowering entry requirements and waiting for them to do so is incredibly risky. Speak to Manchester before you make any rash decisions.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.