Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    STUDY BUDDY
    Hi I'm novar,
    Welcome to my motivational study blog. Some 'fun' facts about me are: I've applied to study Computer Science at University,I'm dyslexic and I'm a studyblr and bookstagram addict. So last year I didn't do enough revision and exam prep (as reflected in my grades) and my goals this year is to do as well as I know I can! My blogging schedule is going to be short updates during the week and one big weekly revision review on Sunday.
    Hope you stick around

AS Stats
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Geography: A
    Biology: C
    Computing: C
    Maths: E
    Resits
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Biology Unit 2
    Computing F451
    A-level Predictions
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Geography: A
    Biology: B
    Computing: B
    Goals
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Geography: A*
    Computing: A
    Biology: B
    Exam Boards:
    Computing - OCR
    Biology - AQA
    Geography - Edexcel

To do:
    1. Write revision notes for both resits
    2. Compile a list + flash cards of Geography case studies
    3. Complete Computing coursework
    4. Revise for Biology EMPA
    Quote of the week:
    "Nothing worth having comes easy." - Unknown
    :ta:

ReputationRep:
    Revision Resolutions
    February

- Use all my frees for work - I need to stop chatting and start writing!
    - Get motivated and start wanting to work again (school's gotten so draining...)
    - Practise with questions not just writing notes, I need to try to revise in different ways

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm so sad that half term's already over!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by novar)
    Revision Resolutions
    February

- Use all my frees for work - I need to stop chatting and start writing!
    - Get motivated and start wanting to work again (school's gotten so draining...)
    - Practise with questions not just writing notes, I need to try to revise in different ways
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm so sad that half term's already over!
    Only 4/5 weeks until Easter. Although I've been told that by Easter we'll all be buried under revision... I need to start doing questions too rather than just notes. Maybe we can try to change our bad habits together?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ara8311a)
    Only 4/5 weeks until Easter. Although I've been told that by Easter we'll all be buried under revision... I need to start doing questions too rather than just notes. Maybe we can try to change our bad habits together?
    Yes!! I'd love to share different revision techniques with you (fingers crossed we can get through this together I wish Easter would hurry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by novar)
    Yes!! I'd love to share different revision techniques with you (fingers crossed we can get through this together I wish Easter would hurry.
    I believe in us! I'm sure it will be here sooner than we realise and then we'll wish that it was further away...

ReputationRep:
    woops I haven't updated this in a while... oh well now mocks are out of the way I can start revising! (yey.) On the positive side I finally have all my offers back to study Computer Science at Uni! Woohoo!!

Things I've started:
    - Creating a folder specifically for Biology revision
    - Finishing my EPQ
    - Finishing my Computing coursework

Things I need to start:
    - Revising for my resits
    - Compiling lists of Geography case studies
    - Schedule time to work after school and time to relax
    hope you're all working hard
    :hide:
    Quote of the week:
    "Life is the most difficult exam. Most people fail because they try to copy others - Not realising everyone has a different question paper!" - Unknown
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Good luck with all this, I really like the quotes you post

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.