Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    1.What simple rule enables us to decide if an alkene does not show stereoisomerism?

I do not have a clue.

2.Draw diagrams to show the E and Z isomers of those alkenes that DO show stereoisomerism?

I have edited the question because I read it wrong, and now it makes sense hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kserena28)
    1.What simple rule enables us to decide if an alkene does not show stereoisomerism?

I do not have a clue.

2.Draw diagrams to show the E and Z isomers of those alkenes that do not show stereoisomerism?

I thought that E and Z isomers were a form of stereoisomerism so I don't understand the question.

Please help if you can, I have mocks this week and I don't understand anything
    1) if there are two different groups on either side of the double bond

2) hmm that does seem pretty contradictory. I think its refferring to the fact when there is two different groups on one side and 2 same gorups on the other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shiv is Light)
    1) if there are two different groups on either side of the double bond

2) hmm that does seem pretty contradictory. I think its refferring to the fact when there is two different groups on one side and 2 same gorups on the other.
    Thank you so much! On Question 2 i made a mistake, I read it wrong and it actually says "DO show stereoisomerism", the stress is getting to me haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kserena28)
    Thank you so much! On Question 2 i made a mistake, I read it wrong and it actually says "DO show stereoisomerism", the stress is getting to me haha
    Aw lol no problem. Don't let revision stress get to you!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.