The Student Room Group

Un Sac de Billes

Hi,
Is anyone studying this book as part of the AQA A2?
Currently revising and writing an essay on the messages in the book, but really struggling for ideas- finding it hard to differentiate from the 'themes', anyone have any ideas please?
TIA :smile:
have you read this ?

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-26503-EX-AUT14.PDF

the second essay is on your book ?

:pierre:
Original post by eleanor27
Hi,
Is anyone studying this book as part of the AQA A2?
Currently revising and writing an essay on the messages in the book, but really struggling for ideas- finding it hard to differentiate from the 'themes', anyone have any ideas please?
TIA :smile:

I can help

Themes of SdB are essentially Egalité, Fraternité and Liberté - the 3 principles of the French Republic..

Messages are examples of themes in the novel - same as moral of a story.'So for example, "a helping hand during difficult times can vital". Then interject the theme of Fraternité into the fact of how Maurice constantly aides his younger brother Joseph throughout the journey.
Original post by the bear
have you read this ?

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-26503-EX-AUT14.PDF

the second essay is on your book ?

:pierre:

hadn't seen this- really should have occurred to me to look :K: thank you! :biggrin:
Original post by GeologyMaths
I can help

Themes of SdB are essentially Egalité, Fraternité and Liberté - the 3 principles of the French Republic..

Messages are examples of themes in the novel - same as moral of a story.'So for example, "a helping hand during difficult times can vital". Then interject the theme of Fraternité into the fact of how Maurice constantly aides his younger brother Joseph throughout the journey.

merci beaucoup! finally have an idea how to write this now! thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Can someone confirm the mark split for content and language? AND is the langugae mark capped by content? thanks xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending