Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

First post on here, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this tricky situation...

I left my old school after my GCSE's in 2015 to go to college. The school had a sixth form facility but I wanted a new start away from school. Upon starting my college in September, I loved it and really enjoyed my time at college. However, in late November all of that changed... I got falsely accused of certain things which were not true, nor backed up with any evidence what so ever. I have now applied to my old schools sixth form of which my attendance, punctuality, behaviour and effort have been top notch with no issues in the 5 years of being at that school.

I am so unhappy at my current college because I have lost my best friend and the other people in my class are on a completely different wave length to myself so its difficult to enter new friendship groups and make conversation with them.

If my interview goes well with for sixth form, I was wondering if I NEEDED to stay at college until the end of the academic year (which finishes for me in May). I have spoken to my course tutor and they stated that my work this year at college will not count and will go down as a fail - so I don't want to be wasting my time in somewhere that makes me unhappy if I don't need to be.

I am only in Year 13 at the moment (1st year of college) and I shall hope to be starting sixth form in September for 2 years in a place where the teachers know me and like me and I know them..

If anyone could help me out, with information etc it would be extremely appreciated because I simply do not feel comfortable where I am at the moment anymore.

Thanks,
    jj000

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you would need to stay on at college, however I think this would be dependent on the sixth form as they would decide whether they have space to fit you in.
    Obviously, if you're in a work place where you feel happier, you will have a greater work ethic so I definitely think you should try as hard to make sure you most certainly get it.
    By the way you've described your relationship with your old school however, I don't think you'll have an issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jj000)
    Hi All,

First post on here, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this tricky situation...

I left my old school after my GCSE's in 2015 to go to college. The school had a sixth form facility but I wanted a new start away from school. Upon starting my college in September, I loved it and really enjoyed my time at college. However, in late November all of that changed... I got falsely accused of certain things which were not true, nor backed up with any evidence what so ever. I have now applied to my old schools sixth form of which my attendance, punctuality, behaviour and effort have been top notch with no issues in the 5 years of being at that school.

I am so unhappy at my current college because I have lost my best friend and the other people in my class are on a completely different wave length to myself so its difficult to enter new friendship groups and make conversation with them.

If my interview goes well with for sixth form, I was wondering if I NEEDED to stay at college until the end of the academic year (which finishes for me in May). I have spoken to my course tutor and they stated that my work this year at college will not count and will go down as a fail - so I don't want to be wasting my time in somewhere that makes me unhappy if I don't need to be.

I am only in Year 13 at the moment (1st year of college) and I shall hope to be starting sixth form in September for 2 years in a place where the teachers know me and like me and I know them..

If anyone could help me out, with information etc it would be extremely appreciated because I simply do not feel comfortable where I am at the moment anymore.

Thanks,
    jj000

I'm pretty sure you have to go until you'e eighteen...so yes?

I'm not so sure though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemonster15)
    I'm pretty sure you have to go until you'e eighteen...so yes?

I'm not so sure though
    Yeah I know, but if I am starting Sixth Form in September, would it still count? That is the question... :/

Cheers anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jj000)
    Yeah I know, but if I am starting Sixth Form in September, would it still count? That is the question... :/

Cheers anyway
    hmm I'm not sure...sorry

ReputationRep:
    Anyone...? Haha

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.