Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Obsession with customer service Watch

ReputationRep:
    I just read this:
    http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/g...rkers-all.html

I'm curious as to why some people care so much about customer service. Am I the only one who walks into a store and just wants the person at the checkout to serve me quickly so I can leave? In fact, I find it annoying when the person at the till tries to converse with me. Am I the only one? or am I just being incredibly anti-social?

What do people think about customer service?

I think it's dependant on where you are. I'm not massively keen on a massive chat with the bloke at Tesco Express when I'm just buying my pint of milk for work. On the other hand, when I go 'proper shopping', I do expect that level of service.

I also think I have higher standards though, having worked in premium customer service for the last 8 or so years, so I expect more than your average bear.

Well, when I shop or serve customers I usually don't really care. If they want to talk then why not, I'm always up for a chat. Also, I like when your manager sees a customer that refuses his assistance and walks straight to you because he knows he can rely on you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.