Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is the tube/London safe at midnight-1am? watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't live in London but in a few weeks I am going out in Shoreditch with friends. They live in London and as I don't I will have to commute home (not staying over with friends as I have work the next day and I would rather not have a massive night out type thing). So I have looked up last trains etc and I would need to get on the tube at 11;57 latest then by the time I get to kings cross the next mainline train home will be at 1:15 and it takes around half an hour as its a slow train. Will the tube (London overground and Victoria line) be busy ? Or at least a good handful of people in each carriage?

Just need reassurance...

ReputationRep:
    Forgot to add it will be a Saturday also I am not 21 yet (few months!) do most Shoreditch bars etc have a over 21 policy?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Entirely depends. I think there should be a few people on board since it will be a Saturday night. Obviously no where near levels during off peak in the day. As for bars, you'll have to check as it will vary. Haven't seen many over 21 places though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flutterby-x303)
    I don't live in London but in a few weeks I am going out in Shoreditch with friends. They live in London and as I don't I will have to commute home (not staying over with friends as I have work the next day and I would rather not have a massive night out type thing). So I have looked up last trains etc and I would need to get on the tube at 11;57 latest then by the time I get to kings cross the next mainline train home will be at 1:15 and it takes around half an hour as its a slow train. Will the tube (London overground and Victoria line) be busy ? Or at least a good handful of people in each carriage?

Just need reassurance...
    You should be fine, and if you're worried, just get on the carriage which has the most people.

being on tube in itself is not really dangerous at any time of the day, its just when you're walking around above ground in the middle of the night some areas are more dangerous than others.

ReputationRep:
    Very safe. And around that time on a Friday or Saturday night will be pretty busy too, with people going out/coming home.

ReputationRep:
    With all the cheeky lads running around London, I wouldn't say it's safe at 01.00 PM, let alone 01.00 AM.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.