Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently nearly finished my AS levels and I am studying Double award health and social care and Government and politics. And I've been dabbling in every university degree going but can't find anything that is really standing out to me.
    My friend recently showed me her work for economics which she is studying at A level and I'm now regretting not doing it at A level, but I was told I could do it at University without the A level. I am just interested in someone telling me how much maths is actually based around Economics at University as I only got a C in GCSE maths and I always do better with letters instead of numbers!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by jen_2)
    I am currently nearly finished my AS levels and I am studying Double award health and social care and Government and politics. And I've been dabbling in every university degree going but can't find anything that is really standing out to me.
    My friend recently showed me her work for economics which she is studying at A level and I'm now regretting not doing it at A level, but I was told I could do it at University without the A level. I am just interested in someone telling me how much maths is actually based around Economics at University as I only got a C in GCSE maths and I always do better with letters instead of numbers!
    You can either study BSc Economics or BA Economics. BSc involves more Maths than a BA. This page gives you an idea of the differences between the two types of degrees.

From what you've posted I would suggest looking into BA Economics degrees as opposed to BScs.

You might also be interested in a joint honours degree like this one.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by jen_2)
    I highly recommend having a look at this thread:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3652897

I think, ultimately, you have to remember -- If you are accepted onto a programme, with your mathematical background, then clearly the university feel you have the ability to perform satisfactorily on the course with your background, and all the extra mathematics used will be taught during the degree.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.