Turn on thread page Beta

16 / nearly 17 year old dating 20 year old? UK? watch

Hey.

Just thinking alot lately , Met this girl a few months ago , started speaking a lot ( wasn't aware of her age , thought she was around 18) and i actually really enjoyed speaking to her.it was only after a while i asked how old she was because i seen something that made me wonder. She is 16, going on 17 in a few months ( She has a job/college etc) .I didn't know what to feel after i found out as im 20, 21 near the end of the year (after she is 17) and i've always dated people either 1 year below me or above my age so this is completely unlike me . She is mature , acts older than she is and like i said she seems around 18/19 or older personality wise. I'm in a 50/50 situation here as i don't know what to do or feel anymore. Her mom knows about me and my age and isn't phased by it as apparently i'm a really nice lad etc but whats your take on this? Btw i live in the UK

ReputationRep:
    If the age gap isn't having a direct adverse affect on how y'all talk to each other and such, then whatever. I've seen bigger gaps.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2016
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.