Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Using the iphone 5 currently which is working ok, buy now or wait for the 7? Is it worth it? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'd say wait for the 7, the 5 isn't that bad at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie0497)
    I'd say wait for the 7, the 5 isn't that bad at all.
    i got a iPhone 5s u know what to do
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Get an android :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuraf)
    i got a iPhone 5s u know what to do
    Give you a round of applause? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    materialism to the extreme .. I still have a 3GS (bought second hand)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisyred)
    Using the iphone 5 currently which is working ok, buy now or wait for the 7? Is it worth it? Thanks
    The golden rule with phones is wait as long as you can before buying a new one then buy whatever suits you best at the time. We know nothing concrete about the 7 yet and we're less than half way through the release cycle, so there's no way if saying if it's worth the wait yet. At the same time the 6S is an awesome phone, but if something revolutionary (or just something you personally really like) arrives in the 7 then you'll feel like you missed an opportunity by jumping the gun.

If your 5S is still serving you fine, by all means wait. The shiny gadgets will still be there three months down the line when you may have a better idea of what you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    The golden rule with phones is wait as long as you can before buying a new one then buy whatever suits you best at the time. We know nothing concrete about the 7 yet and we're less than half way through the release cycle, so there's no way if saying if it's worth the wait yet. At the same time the 6S is an awesome phone, but if something revolutionary (or just something you personally really like) arrives in the 7 then you'll feel like you missed an opportunity by jumping the gun.

If your 5S is still serving you fine, by all means wait. The shiny gadgets will still be there three months down the line when you may have a better idea of what you want.
    Thanks for replying. Is the iphone 7 likely to be out in september?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisyred)
    Thanks for replying. Is the iphone 7 likely to be out in september?
    Yep, every iPhone from the iPhone 5 onwards has launched in late September.

ReputationRep:
    The 6s is so much faster than the 5, like so much faster. If you upgrade to it, you'll spend less time waiting for stuff to load. The processor inside of it is faster than the 2015 MacBook. The screen is also a good reason to consider the upgrade. I doubt the 7 will be that revolutionary.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.