Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I have applied for Sociology at both Bristol and Leeds and am having a really hard time deciding what to put as my firm. Both courses are very similar so it's really just the city and experience I'm basing it on now. Any advice would really be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'll admit I am biased but Bristol 100%. I've been all over the country for football and seen a lot of towns and cities and Bristol is my favourite city my a mile. I'm here for Uni now and it has a bit of everything, great nightlife, parks to chill out at in the Spring, awesome buildings and historical stuff, great for shopping, the list goes on. The only drawback is it isn't cheap (and the hills are killer) but I absolutely love it. Transport links are good too, I'm from Northampton so getting home takes a while but the trains are regular and run til late, buses generally have student discount too. My main advice would be go with your gut instinct, for me that was Bristol and I'd 100% recommend, but if it's Leeds for you then go with that Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I'd highly recommend Bristol University. I've lived in Bristol as a student before and the city is amazing. I too might be biased. But I am bias through experience. Loved the area, so I've applied for my course there too. Good luck with your choices!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.