Splitting pages in a Microsoft Word Document

Watch
dhr90
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm applying for a Masters degree, and the application is a Word document, which includes 3 pages for a referee to complete. I need to email those 3 pages only, to a referee to complete and then send back to me. I would rather not send them the full document with all my details and application.

The document has been formatted by Plymouth University to only be editable in the boxes where your information goes, so a straight copy and paste doesn't work.

I've tried printing the selected pages into a pdf file, but for some reason it includes the full 20 page document and won't allow me to delete pages from the pdf file either. I tried this method with both Mirosoft XPS writer and Foxit Phantom PDF writer. When I tried to open the files it flashed up a message about the margins being too wide in section 7 also, which from what I can see, is false as everything looks to be in a printable area.

The only other idea I have had is to just download a second application form, and just email the whole thing and ask them to only fill out and print off the relevant pages, but that feels unprofessional, not to mention is very annoying to me!

Any ideas? Have googled and used Word help but with no success
PobNotBob
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
You could just have them email you a word document with your reference and the cut and paste into the form.
dhr90
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by PobNotBob)
You could just have them email you a word document with your reference and the cut and paste into the form.
Sorry, should have mentioned, the application states it must be printed out and sealed into an envelope with the referees signature across the seal.
PobNotBob
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by dhr90)
Sorry, should have mentioned, the application states it must be printed out and sealed into an envelope with the referees signature across the seal.
Then I'm lost. You could call them up and ask for some clarification about how to go about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.63%
Note taking apps (6)
2.45%
Flashcards (47)
19.18%
Revision guides (15)
6.12%
Past papers (116)
47.35%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.27%

Watched Threads