Can anyone help me out? and how does the work involve and the pay?
What job can I do in my gap year? Watch
- Thread Starter
- 21-02-2016 18:26
Little Tail Chaser
Offline19ReputationRep:TSR Support Team
- TSR Support Team
- 22-02-2016 00:18
Last edited by Little Tail Chaser; 22-02-2016 at 00:19.
- Retail: Pay varies, and dealing with the public is unpleasant at times, but getting into it is fairly straightforward and it's a good foundation to mention in future job applications.
- Tutoring: You can sign up to an agency, which may take a cut of a fee you set yourself, sign up to an agency that pays you a set wage, or do it completely independently.
- Seasonal jobs: E.g. public attractions over summer, Royal Mail over Christmas: Again pay varies but this would be suitable if you wanted to spend long periods of time away, e.g. if you wanted to go travelling over your gap year.
- Agency jobs: Some companies will pay you to work specific events such as concerts and sports events. Pay isn't great but it's very flexible as you can do as many or as few shifts as you want.
- Extra: Getting paid to appear in TV shows. One of my friends does this and it pays really well for the time it takes, however for some agencies registration isn't open all year round, and you may be limited with the shifts that you get.