Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have received unconditional offers from several unis (LSE, UCL & Warwick), and I would really like to study in the UK.

But I am worried about Brexit. If it happens, do you think tuitions would be raised for EU-students right away? Or when would it happen? Will it affect those that are already accepted or mainly new applicants?

I am not so worried about loans, as I could get them from home. But if I have to pay non-EU-fees, maybe I should go somewhere else.

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone can say until it's decided. It's a real shame, it's put me off applying to EU unis because I have no idea what would happen if the UK left while I was abroad.

It might be worth contacting admissions at your chosen unis and ask if they can offer any insight.

ReputationRep:
    I am also an EU student currently doing an HND while having an unconditional offer to start a 4 year degree next September. I am a bit worried as to what will happen if the UK leaves the EU. Is there anywhere I can get any information regarding this issue?

ReputationRep:
    Same here... I'm really worried about the whole Brexit thing.

ReputationRep:
    If Brexit happens, there will be around 2 years of negotiations in which we will remain part of the EU before we leave. I imagine the arrangement to be set up would be similar to that for international students for EU students wishing to study in the UK. In terms of UK students wishing to study in the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein,Turkey and Macedonia are all participating countries in the Erasmus scheme without being in the political union of the EU, hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I am currently researching for my dissertation project and the aim is to explore if Brexit will have an effect on EU students finding employment in the UK.
    This survey is for non-UK EU national students that are studying at a British university.

I would really appreciate if anyone could dedicate a bit of time to fill out my survey (approximately take 5 minutes)

LINK: https://qmul.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/bre...and-employment

Thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.