Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do Notts provide additional facilities for learning a language, any additional credit or cool futures available?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrojanH)
    Do Notts provide additional facilities for learning a language, any additional credit or cool futures available?
    There is something called "The Nottingham Advantage Award", which is basically a recognition of your participation in extra-carricular activities, which is also supposed to be recognized by employers.

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/careers/...ard/index.aspx

There are so many ways to get credit that will count towards achieving it. For example, me and some of my buddies have registered for Ingenuity 16, which is an entrepreneurship contest open to Notts students and alumni with a prize pool of 100k pounds and an opportunity to get Nottingham Advantage Award credits. That is just one way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broscientist)
    There is something called "The Nottingham Advantage Award", which is basically a recognition of your participation in extra-carricular activities, which is also supposed to be recognized by employers.

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/careers/...ard/index.aspx

There are so many ways to get credit that will count towards achieving it. For example, me and some of my buddies have registered for Ingenuity 16, which is an entrepreneurship contest open to Notts students and alumni with a prize pool of 100k pounds and an opportunity to get Nottingham Advantage Award credits. That is just one way.
    Sound's good. Interesting way to earn credits. How do credits actually work, does it mean if you earn say, 10 credits in the Advantage award, that you can do 10 credits less work for your degree?

Best of luck to your group! What are you wanting to build a business based on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrojanH)
    Sound's good. Interesting way to earn credits. How do credits actually work, does it mean if you earn say, 10 credits in the Advantage award, that you can do 10 credits less work for your degree?

Best of luck to your group! What are you wanting to build a business based on?
    To get the Advantage Award, I think you need to get 30 credits in total. Some modules have a weight of 20 and others a weight of 10 credits. I don't think you can take substitute your standard academic modules. The way I understand it is that it is a nice way to account for extra-carricular activities as they will be accounted for in your degree transcript.

Take a look at the guide - it is like 70 pages.

We are thinking of a mobile application. We are going to find out whether we have been accepted or not tommorrow.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.