The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

changing course while still waiting conditional offer

maybe this has already been discussed - sorry, but i got kind of lost in TSR :

my daughter, 6th year in ireland, but of german nationality, applied in edinburgh for law ( still waiting for answer from edinburgh, bristol and UCL btw. , one conditional offer yet)
rethinking she realized that might not be the smartest choice being german and not planning to stay abroad forever .
could she still change her degree ?
international relations and law
or
government, policy and society ( anybody studying that ? we were wondering what it ist about but sounds interesting )

thanks ! normally i don't post about her affairs, but at that point i couldn't find clear answers ( and when she reads this she will force me to change my name into stalkingmom 😂)
Reply 1
Hello,

It would probably be best to get in touch with the university directly, as each universities are different and as far as I can understand Edinburgh's policy on degree changes are often different and can vary across their various schools/colleges.

In relation to your question to do with Government, policy and society as far as I can tell no-one is currently studying that degree program as it is new, however it is part of the school of social and political science and is described by them as "multidisciplinary" having a focus on social policy and impacts on society as well as the decision making process. I am not really sure of anything beyond what is stated on their website and the article below.
They have an article published on the degree here: http://www.sps.ed.ac.uk/undergrad/news/2015/new_degree_programme_launched_government,_policy_and_society
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending