Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

I'm a second year student currently enrolled in a Bachelor of International Economics and Finance at Bocconi University in Milan and I am starting to look at some Msc programs (I will apply next year for the 2017 entry).

My profile is the following:
    I expect to get the equivalent to a first class honours, GPA 30/30 in the Italian system.
    I attended an LSE summer course in Finance during summer 2015 (Final grade A+).
    I will spend a term (Sept-Dec 2016) as a visiting student at Warwick.
    No great extracurricular activities.
    No relevant internships.

Assuming that I will get an excellent GRE score and excellent reference letters what are my chances applying to LSE and Cambridge Msc in Finance and Economics?

Moreover, do you think I should apply to any other Msc program considering that with near certainty I will be admitted to Bocconi Msc Finance (which I would go to if I were rejected by LSE and Cambridge)?

Any advice or opinion is welcome.

ReputationRep:
    From what I understand of the msc application process, extracurricular activities and internships hold little weight. They focus primarily on grades, standardised tests (GMAT/GRE) and reference letters from academics/past teachers. I can't speak for Oxford but you definitely have a strong chance of getting into lse.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.