The Student Room Group

GCSE Non Calculator (Edexcel)

What topics come up in non calculator papers? Can I get a list of them?
Best bet is to go to Edexcel website itself and take a look at its papers if you have access to them.

As a general rule of thumb, non calculator questions will be slightly less complicated than calculator questions do to you having to mentally answer them.

However this gap narrows for the questions at the end.

Some of the most common non-calculator questions i see are:

Probability.
Factors.
Division e.g person x earned £50 working 10 hours, work out how much they earnt per hour.
Percentages
Information analysis (e.g graphs).
Fractions ocassionally towards the end of the paper.
And if they're really mean then it might cover some decimal multiplication.

Disclaimer: THIS IS BY NO MEANS EVERYTHING!! It's simply some of the more COMMONLY asked questions.

Good luck and best regards! Best way to prepare is attempting to answer past papers. :biggrin:
Reply 2
Thank you!
And lol it's tomorrow morning so o chance of any past papers being done
I also went over bearings and loci
Do you reckon they might come up or ?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by aliyahh16
Thank you!
And lol it's tomorrow morning so o chance of any past papers being done
I also went over bearings and loci
Do you reckon they might come up or nah?

Anything could come up in your exam because different questions come up in different papers. Did you not get like some sort of revision list of all the topics to revise? If not, then yeah even if you don't have time to actually do the exam papers, why not just flick through the pages of past papers to see what type of questions may come up. Good Luck!
Reply 4
Original post by u.sha
Anything could come up in your exam because different questions come up in different papers. Did you not get like some sort of revision list of all the topics to revise? If not, then yeah even if you don't have time to actually do the exam papers, why not just flick through the pages of past papers to see what type of questions may come up. Good Luck!

True. I'd do that but i'm in bed now so
But thank you for your help! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest