AQA Linear English Literature and Language thread (AS and A2 Level) Watch

Lucozade28
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys!

This is a thread I've made strictly for English Lit AND Lang A Level students who are studying the Paris Anthology, The Handmaid's Tale and the poetry anthology (any poet, I'm doing Robert Browning).

If you already know a thread created for English Lit AND Lang could you post the link. Otherwise, just post any questions you might have about the subject and I (or anyone else) will be more than happy to try and help (I am by no means an A student, I probably need more help than most!)

If you are a prospective A Level student who might want to take this at A-Level you can ask questions here as well but keep in mind this is mainly for Year 12 and 13 students who need help for the exam.
RGPunt
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know of any texts in the Paris anthology that would link to the Gard du Nord text? Ive found analysing it quite difficult as its quite bland feature wise and drastically differs from the other texts ive studied.
Lucozade28
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey! I get what you mean by it being quite bland, but I thought it would be interesting to compare it with the Eurostar advert transcript. This is because they are both based on travel but presented in different ways (their audience, mode, genre and purpose are both different).

How are you finding the Paris anthology sectio? Did you just start it recently with your class?
RGPunt
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks! I didn't even think of that.
I find it so boring! I much prefer the poetry anthology I find it hard to compare texts from the Paris anthology although I quite like tranforming the pieces(i prefer the creative parts haha).
CriticalThinker1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Has anyone done John Donne for their poetry anthology?
RGPunt
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Mostly summarised the Paris anthology if anyone would like to use it for revision theyre more than welcome.
Attached files
AbbieEl
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes i am doing exactly the same , i love the poetry but the Paris anthology is so boring and hard to compare in such a short amount of time
noble1999E
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is anyone doing the non literary/literary coursework, if so, does anyone understand what is meant by 'reflect on the approach that was taken' in the spec for the conclusion??
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can someone please help me with the seven ages of paris text from the anthology? how is it representing paris ? what is its mode?
what is its lexis and semantics key features?, grammar?, phonology?, pragmatics?
I really don't understand this text and i have a exam when i go back to school.
thank you.
Blancosdos
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You know for the spoken language texts(for e.g Mike and Sophia) can we still talk about metaphors/pragmatics etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads