Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello TSRians,

I have a huge question that I really need answers too. I promised myself at the beginning of February Half Term that I would revise every single day for at least a few hours.
    This hasn't really happened and it's now Sunday night and I go back to school tomorrow.
    This is all due to procrastination.
    I am sitting my GCSEs in May/June and I don't want this procrastination to get in the way of my revision anymore.
    It's time to put a stop to this. So my question is:

How do you prevent yourself from procrastinating?

Thank you very much to everyone who answers, it really means a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M00ND4NC3R)
    Hello TSRians,

I have a huge question that I really need answers too. I promised myself at the beginning of February Half Term that I would revise every single day for at least a few hours.
    This hasn't really happened and it's now Sunday night and I go back to school tomorrow.
    This is all due to procrastination.
    I am sitting my GCSEs in May/June and I don't want this procrastination to get in the way of my revision anymore.
    It's time to put a stop to this. So my question is:

How do you prevent yourself from procrastinating?

Thank you very much to everyone who answers, it really means a lot.
    Hello M00ND4NC3R!

Do not panic as you're not alone! My advice is to try and set up a revision timetable, so maybe set up a table similar to a school timetable but for home/wherever revision is best for you. (this leads me on to point number 2!)

Find somewhere you can study in peace away from potential distractions! This may be school, a friend's house, or even a public library. Whatever works for you!

Finally it's important to try and make the work as interesting as possible, take big chunks of it and break it down, or ask friends to revise with you. One of the good things about GCSEs is that everyone is taking similar subjects. Find someone you get on with and sit down and do some revision with them to help reduce the monotony of studying.

That's all the advice i have for now, damn if i follow this advice i've given then i'd be unstoppable!
    Best of luck for the future and best regards!
    Francis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Francis Urquhart)
    Hello M00ND4NC3R!

Do not panic as you're not alone! My advice is to try and set up a revision timetable, so maybe set up a table similar to a school timetable but for home/wherever revision is best for you. (this leads me on to point number 2!)

Find somewhere you can study in peace away from potential distractions! This may be school, a friend's house, or even a public library. Whatever works for you!

Finally it's important to try and make the work as interesting as possible, take big chunks of it and break it down, or ask friends to revise with you. One of the good things about GCSEs is that everyone is taking similar subjects. Find someone you get on with and sit down and do some revision with them to help reduce the monotony of studying.

That's all the advice i have for now, damn if i follow this advice i've given then i'd be unstoppable!
    Best of luck for the future and best regards!
    Francis.
    Thank you so much Francis! I will try these tips this week to see if they work.
    M00ND4NC3R

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M00ND4NC3R)
    Thank you so much Francis! I will try these tips this week to see if they work.
    M00ND4NC3R
    No problem buddy, and best of luck too!
    Remember it's all about developing a habit, once you get into a habit of it then it's just like second nature. Similar to washing in the morning or having dinner in the evening!

ReputationRep:
    X
    Thanks for the tips ;'D

Haha the irony when you can give out good tips but you cant follow them yourself. What subjects are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carrot_Cake_13)
    Thanks for the tips ;'D

Haha the irony when you can give out good tips but you cant follow them yourself. What subjects are you doing?
    Heya! Yeah haha i wish i could follow my own advice sometimes! Then my life would be so much simpler (and infinitely more awesome!)

Currenlty taking no subjects! Just a former A-levels student who regrets not taking this advice when i was studying!

What about you?

Best regards!
    Francis.

ReputationRep:
    Heya! Yeah haha i wish i could follow my own advice sometimes! Then my life would be so much simpler (and infinitely more awesome!)

Currenlty taking no subjects! Just a former A-levels student who regrets not taking this advice when i was studying!

What about you?

Best regards!
    Francis.
    Yeah I felt the irony myself when I was posting this as I left revision too late for GCSE's and it feels like I might be doing the same for A-levels and I told myself I would change this year :sigh:

I guess I still have time. New term new me
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Too cheesy :lol:
    I'm a A-level student doing Biology, Chemistry, History and Geography. Are you studying anything now?

Urgh, hindsight can be pretty wonderful but it often hits us too late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carrot_Cake_13)
    Yeah I felt the irony myself when I was posting this as I left revision too late for GCSE's and it feels like I might be doing the same for A-levels and I told myself I would change this year :sigh:

I guess I still have time. New term new me
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Too cheesy :lol:
    I'm a A-level student doing Biology, Chemistry, History and Geography. Are you studying anything now?

Urgh, hindsight can be pretty wonderful but it often hits us too late.
    Nice choices! I did Biology, History, Politics and Gov and Philosophy and ethics.

I was too full of arrogance after GCSEs. Predicted Cs but got As thanks to hard work and AMAZING support from teachers.

Went into A-levels thinking i was the next best thing so i outright failed biology in the first two exams. Dropped it and managed to pass the other 3 by pulling my hand outta my backside in the 2nd year. There were other issues too such as being a young carer and involved in an abusive relationship, but i mostly hold myself responsible for my grades!

Not studying anything currently but interesting that you ask as every day that goes by i feel slightly more enthused to pick up a good revision book and start studying another subject, maybe a night/F.E course for another A-level? (or maybe i'm just sad!).

And remember as long as you're doing your A-LEVELS it's NEVER too late to begin!!! Seriously!!! I only started revising seriously for my A-level Politics and Gov about three weeks before the exam and got an A in the comparative politics paper and an A in the USA Gov paper. The hard part was learning essay-style, that took a couple of months of prep.

Would you like to take your subjects to degree level? If so or if not where would you like to be job-wise in the future?

Best regards

ReputationRep:
    X
    PM'd

ReputationRep:
    For me, I am doing my GCSEs in May/June and I will be taking
    Maths, English Language, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, FReen, Food & Nutrition and Photography.

I've already been accepted onto college, so when I go there, I hope to study A Level Maths and Uniformed Public Services (Extended Diploma)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.