Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

So I'm currently in year 13 and have received all my University offers
    My Firm choice wants an A for English Literature which I reallllllly need to get!
    I didn't do amazingly well at AS - but I got through to A2 thank goodness!

although I really need that A (and the other two grades an A (which have already achieved as I took an A level early! and a B) I have zero motivation and when I do sit down to revise I get completely sidetracked - I literally start staring into space - I kid you not!

So hopefully this blog will help me out!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by SheIsShella)
    Hi all!

So I'm currently in year 13 and have received all my University offers
    My Firm choice wants an A for English Literature which I reallllllly need to get!
    I didn't do amazingly well at AS - but I got through to A2 thank goodness!

although I really need that A (and the other two grades an A (which have already achieved as I took an A level early! and a B) I have zero motivation and when I do sit down to revise I get completely sidetracked - I literally start staring into space - I kid you not!

So hopefully this blog will help me out!
    Good luck with your blog :woo:
    I get sidetracked often as well :console: :hide: not much fun!
    How are you planning to overcome it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Good luck with your blog :woo:
    I get sidetracked often as well :console: :hide: not much fun!
    How are you planning to overcome it?

I put distractions like my phone away - I made my mum take it off me during my GCSEs (Which really helped!) Now when I literally have zero motivation I put on a documentary (for history) or watch crash courses etc so I feel as though I'm not reallly wasting my time (Does that even make sense?) Aha so yeah I try and do things that don't FEEL like I'm studying and constantly remind my self of the grades I need for the University I really want to go to!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to butt in but what do you want to do as a career? I'm deliberating between doing something English related or more science based and I'd be interesting to know what your plans are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ara8311a)
    Sorry to butt in but what do you want to do as a career? I'm deliberating between doing something English related or more science based and I'd be interesting to know what your plans are.
    Haha no worries! I'm not 100% sure as to what I would exactly like to go into - I think probably something to do with journalism/editing or maybe even teaching English at degree level! - The Police/Lawyer was an option. So yes - I'm pretty varied at the moment - How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SheIsShella)
    Haha no worries! I'm not 100% sure as to what I would exactly like to go into - I think probably something to do with journalism/editing or maybe even teaching English at degree level! - The Police/Lawyer was an option. So yes - I'm pretty varied at the moment - How about you?
    Tat the moment I'm deliberating between English or a science related degree at uni. (It's kind of early for me to think about it now but if I don't I'll never decide ). I'm thinking about something journalism or editing related or computer science related. At the moment I'm leaning towards computing but I love English too and always thought I would end up taking it at uni.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.