The Student Room Group

Why do i hate being called this so much ?

Im Im not sure how im supposed to avoid being called. I dont mind being called normal names but cant stand being called a 'b****' as i feel its unfair as its said purely because im female. I dont know why but i just personally hate the word as its not my fault im the sex i am, i dont even feel female i dont feel any sex most of the time i look female but just get on with my day being who i am. Inknow its just a word but its always got to me for some reason. A girl called me a 'thick bitch' way back at school because i didnt play well in a game of badminton, i was quiet and didnt stick up for myself, i shouldnt even remember it but i do and hated her for it since. My dad has called it me many times during arguments. He called me a thick bitch today, i wouldnt mind any other word i can get over but not this, it makes me angry for years like a deep anger and i feel like trashing everything up. I wouldnt be called it if i was a lad. Just wanted advice :/
Reply 1
Original post by Shiv is Light
Calling females a "bitch" just feels right cause it means FEMALE dog. Who doesn't like calling girls bitches when they derserve it lol.

They dont mean that though i get an image in my head of a human female. Whether they deserve to be called or not whats the argument got to do with being male/female though thas what i dont get.
personally I would have previously called someone a bitch if they annoyed me, regardless of gender, but I do understand where you're coming from, we shouldn't use insults based on a completely irrelevant thing, that goes for all genders :smile: btw if you're dad is speaking to you like that maybe you should tell someone?
Reply 3
Original post by Blondie987
personally I would have previously called someone a bitch if they annoyed me, regardless of gender, but I do understand where you're coming from, we shouldn't use insults based on a completely irrelevant thing, that goes for all genders :smile: btw if you're dad is speaking to you like that maybe you should tell someone?

If its regardless of gender and its said to everyone its not as annoying i guess but its a word that hits me personally for some reason (dont know why think its because im not a girly girl more a tomboy). If im called an 'idiot' or 'piece of ****' well gair enough i can do something about this/change in some way but i cant do anything about being a 'bitch' lol. I know its just a word and people dont think this deep but it still gets to me.
Original post by Anonymous
If its regardless of gender and its said to everyone its not as annoying i guess but its a word that hits me personally for some reason (dont know why think its because im not a girly girl more a tomboy). If im called an 'idiot' or 'piece of ****' well gair enough i can do something about this/change in some way but i cant do anything about being a 'bitch' lol. I know its just a word and people dont think this deep but it still gets to me.

Well people shouldn't be using that word anyway but if it especially annoys you, let people who care about you know. I do get that it's more of an insult when it seems like the person is telling you you're annoying because you're a woman but a lot of insults are spur of the moment and you should try to ignore them if you can :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending