Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Back in 2012 I completed a Year 0 course and then proceeded to go onto a first year of a degree

First year of degree I gave up on towards the end, didn't pass a few modules and picked up my stuff and left; without retaking tests etc in order to complete the first year

in 2014 I tried getting finance but it was stated that due to having 2 years funding already I would be unable to restart a degree and complete my studies even though with studying a degree you get Length of degree (in my case 4) + 1 (Retake) due to being removed from the course (after not replying to emails from uni (In all fairness I was in a different country and had no internet access for a few months) I would have to re-enroll completely, meaning a fresh start, removing my +1 retake

So my question is, Is there anyway around this?
    I'll be entering the realms of 'mature' student in the next year, so would this offer any new funding previously not available to me

Any other information or help is more than welcome.

Many thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Rapagna

If you have 2 years of previous study and are starting a new course, you will only be fully funded from year 2 onwards. You will still be able to apply for a maintenance loan in year 1.

Thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.